PDA

View Full Version : Weekend set list

hutchibk
06-07-2008, 02:09 PM
I decided this weekend to do 2 things... first is to create and burn a weekly/weekend set list of 10-12 favorite songs that I listen to while cleaning the house, running errands, etc. Second is to start a journal for my sweetie, telling him all of the things that I forget or purposely don't tell him in everyday life. Mostly the good things, like how amazing he is, etc. I plan to write in it everyday. It has no formula, just randomness as it comes to me.

This weekend's set list:

1. Born Free - Andy Williams
2. Misty - Johnny Mathis
3. Summerwine - Nancy Sinatra/Lee Hazelwood
4. A Taste of Honey - Herb Alpert and the Tujuana Brass
5. Do You Know The Way To San Jose - Dionne Warwick
6. Going Out Of My Head - Sergio Mendes & Brasil 66
7. Cherry, Cherry - Neil Diamond
8. This Guy's In Love With You - Herb Alpert
9. Crystal Blue Persuasion - Tommy James and The Shondells
10. To Sir With Love - LuLu
11. Goldfinger - Shirley Bassey

Mary Jo
06-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Hi Brenda,

I like that journal idea. I keep a journal too BUT don't write in it daily - sometimes not for months. Anyway, when I do write in it I don't write to anyone specific - just kind of think of family reading it someday - you know?........HOWEVER I, too, ALWAYS say something positive and encouraging. ALWAYS. Along with life's trials there are always good things to say and I think your journal entries to your sweetie is an absolutely fabulous and loving idea.

One of my favorite songs - "Call My Name" by Third Day - love it - love it - love it!

Hugs,

Mary Jo

Colleens_Husband
06-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Great list Hutchibk!

Friday I'm in Love by the Cure and Lindsey Buckingham's version of Satisfied Mind makes my ears happy.

Of course, if the house gets quiet I can get out my guitar and play whatever I'm in the mood for.

Lee

hutchibk
06-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Well - this list is a guilty pleasure of some of my favs from the 60s and you might notice a certain cohesive feel to the songs...

Coincidentally - I am going to see The Cure live tomorrow night, and Eddie Izzard (Executive cross-dressing comedian) tonight!

hutchibk
06-07-2008, 03:19 PM
The journal is not so much about my feelings about this journey and how it affects me, but specifically as a gift for my partner someday. It is all about him and what he means to me prior to this journey and through this journey. I know for a fact, I never let him know how incredible he is.