PDA

View Full Version : "The Rat" at the AACR Meeting

Joe
04-15-2008, 06:32 AM
It seems that Tiptoe had her own agenda at the AACR meeting. In the first photo she is attending the "Mini Lab Animal Symposium" with her colleagues.

The next photo is her with some new friends that she met from Nottingham England and the last photo is of her with her cousin from "down under"

Regards
Joe

PinkGirl
04-15-2008, 07:05 AM
Joe,
Tippy is attending symposiums and she has
colleagues - I love it!!!

So nice to see pictures of her with creatures
from other countries; promoting tolerance and
understanding. The Dalai Lama would be proud
of her. I am overlooking the fact that you called
our girl a "rat".

I guess she's too small to wear one of those
little ID badges around her little rodent neck.

I am still waiting for a picture of you and Tippy -
maybe one of her sitting on your shoulder.
Thanks very much for these pics. I will be smiling
for the rest of the day!!!

hermiracles
04-15-2008, 07:57 AM
Thanks Joe for letting us know about Tip's networking activities - so important at these sort of conventions! ;-) and glad to see she has met up with some representatives from down under! lol
Great work Joe and Tip http://her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon10.gif
Blessings
Hermiracles

Andrea Barnett Budin
04-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Thanks Joe for the pics of Tiptoe and her fellow critters. It is great that she has made these contacts and bonded. We each need to seek out our own kind, so to speak. Sweet of you to keep us close as we have grown attached to our little Chinese Hamster, ever grateful for her kin's ovaries. They are the key ingredient in Herceptin, which I for one feel continues to save my life.

Please give Tippy hugs from me. (I'm sure she will forgive you for calling her The Rat, as she is a forgiving Soul and full of love.) Tip and her new buds look very happy. Which makes me smile. :) Keep having fun and reporting back, please. We're all thinking of y'all. (Heard there were record highs. Enjoy the a/c.)
Andi

StephN
04-15-2008, 03:26 PM
hi -
Andi, Pink & all - you can be very proud of the way tip Toe and Tex have behaved here at the gigantic meeting.

We have been working on Joe's nomenclature of Tip, but he classifies her with the rest of the lab critters, calling them ALL rats whether they be mice or whatever.

Another good day so far with new discoveries in their infancy being confided to us! The people will open up when they see we are interested and no competitors are in earshot. So we see here the infancy of what will be presented at ASCO in 2 or 3 years if the particular research is still panning out.

Back to my "post" or booth.

Sheila
04-15-2008, 06:38 PM
I think the least Joe can do after calling TipToe a rat is get his picture planting a big kiss on TipToe!
Cmon Steph and Maryann....this would make our day, and Tip's too!

Vi Schorpp
04-16-2008, 08:15 AM
I think Joe's misunderstood...RAT stood for REALLY ATTRACTIVE TIPTOE...he just doesn't want all the attention to go to her head. Great pictures too!

StephN
04-17-2008, 12:00 PM
GOOD ONE, Vi!

After the "kidnapping" attempt we had to keep Tiptoe and Tex under the table so the opportunity to get a sneak photo with Joe was that much more difficult. Besides the fact that we were quite busy at the booth and often there were only two or three of us as we all needed a break. OR Joe was off "smoozing" as he calls it.
But, we can credit him with the introductions to the other critters in the pics as well as it was he who brought the "chicken with no name" back to keep Tip and Tex company.
So he did have her best interests in mind!

Reminds me I have a funny "Christine" story about the chicken booth. Look on the group forum.

P.S. The other booth with all the different small animals had them attached to their little metal stand with plalstic ties! The guy said people tried to walk off with them anyway.