PDA

View Full Version : How long for tykerb/ xeloda hand and foot

Kim in DC
03-20-2008, 12:44 PM
side effects start to show up? I started this combo yesterday. I already have some girgeling (sp) in my stomach so I know what next in that department. I just was wondering about hand foot. Also, did anyone experince flu like symptoms?

Kim

sorry, I sent it twice

tousled1
03-20-2008, 12:49 PM
I am now on day 14 of my first cycle which means that today is my last day of this cycle to take the Xeloda although I will continue with the Tykerb until completion of the cycle on day 21. Then we will start all over again. I have had some mild hand/foot syndrome -- tingling in the finger tips and cracking of the tips of the fingers. I am using udder balm on my hands and feet as a preventative and it seems to be working. I'm also fatigued and of course have the dirrehea (spelling?) Although the dirrehea is getting better - 2 days and counting with out any. It does get better. Hang in there.

Bill
03-21-2008, 10:32 PM
Hi Kim, you're on a great combo. Sorry, can't help with the hand/foot syndrome question. However, with the Tykerb, the BRAT diet should help, and in the her2group room, Hucklebuck and another person were discussing remedies for "grippe" sp? as they used to call it in the olden days. May be of some help. Thoughts and prayers to you, MiLady, Bill (and Katie don't worry that you can't spell diadamagainarhea, 'cause nobody can spell it, even the guy that invented it, that's why in the old days they called it "the grippe", and they couldn't even spell that right. Everytime we have to spell the word, "dhiaremia", I know it takes everyone 5 minutes to try to figure it out, and then it never looks right, so we all feel ignorant and say" I took Tykerb and got diaryarea sp?" From now on, maybe we should say, "I've got a bad case of grip", and leave it at that. Just an idea, don't mind me)

lilyecuadorian
03-21-2008, 10:50 PM
Bill ...How about like Chrissy said the "funny run" to .......I start T/X ...for more then a week and on the 3Th day I have the "fun run" ... after I though was under control ...it come back severe and unmanageable ....so was 4 days of full "fun run" day and night lost 15 pound in less then 3 days and with severe rush on my face ...so Doctor said wait until you recovery and Monday we will start but with low dose ......now I'm OK with diarrhea" but my rush still but less of course ...

hutchibk
03-22-2008, 09:07 AM
That's why I have started to call it "pooterookus of the blow-hole" - LOL. I knew you would like that one Bill.

SoCalGal
04-07-2008, 11:18 PM
since I spend so much time fighting this awful side effect I will call it the squirts in memory of my best friend and what he called it when he was on xeloda...

hutchibk
04-07-2008, 11:41 PM
I just love our Flori!