PDA

View Full Version : Taking a Survey

Bill
03-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Hello, Ladies and Gentlemen. I hope and pray that your weekend has gone well. you all have been in my thoughts and prayers. I've been really busy at work this weekend, and have a bunch of stories to tell, swirling around in my head, thinking of starting a new thread, maybe something like "outdoor excursions gone bad", "bad camping trips", you know what I mean. I want to start this thread, so if anyone jumps the gun on me, there might be an angry angel thumpin' on your door tonight. The survey, and please post your vote, and after a few days, I will pick the winner, and then I will tell the tale and reward the winners with a port-call on my cupcake cruise. The choices are as follows, "Billy in the Snake Pit", "Bill and the Mountain Bear", "Bill Lost Spelunking", "Bill, Canoe-flipped", "Bill, and the Shape-shifter", "Bill following a 'will-o'the-wisp' in the mountains", "Bill and Nikki seeing 'the shape'". Vote as you wish, and please know these are all true stories, and then you can add your own tales of misadventure. Sorry, I'm tired or I'd post one now. Love y'all, Bill

lilyecuadorian
03-09-2008, 09:25 PM
I think this one : "Bill and Nikki seeing 'the shape'".

hutchibk
03-09-2008, 09:57 PM
"Bill, and the Shape-shifter"

madubois63
03-10-2008, 11:48 AM
"Bill and the shape shifter" caught my eye....but I'd love to read them all at one point or another!!!

Margerie
03-10-2008, 06:55 PM
I vote for Bill: canoe-flipped.

Did you say cupcakes???

Bill
03-10-2008, 07:14 PM
yes, Darlin', I said cupcakes. Thanks for all of your responses. I'm keeping a tally of votes for a few days. Love ya!

Gerri
03-10-2008, 07:57 PM
"Bill and the Mountain Bear" sounds the most exciting/terrifying. Obviously it turned out okay since you are here to tell the tale.

Do tell!

Sheila
03-11-2008, 04:43 AM
I like Bill Lost Spelunking....spelunking is another word for delivering cupcakes on the cupcake cruise isn't it? If I close my eyes I can almost smell them!...Hope they have chocolate frosting!

WomanofSteel
03-11-2008, 07:38 AM
I like Bill and the shape shifter also.

sassy
03-12-2008, 07:36 PM
As a canoeist I have to vote for canoe flipped.

Have you canoed the New? (river that is)

Bill
03-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Ladies, I'm here keeping a tally. Sheila, chocolate cupcakes are the only kind I carry on board. (I can smell them, too) No, Sassy, I haven't done the New yet, but I want to. Done Class IV's on the James River, though, in an open canoe, loaded to the 'gunnels', lol, and made it through. Wow, this might be turning into a horse-race finish. Please keep posting your votes and the winner will be declared on Friday, and the post will be made over the weekend. Love ya's, Bill

Kathy S in Tokyo
03-13-2008, 05:24 AM
I'd love to hear "Bill, Canoe-flipped" and hope you managed to miss the tree that had fallen over the creek ("Duck!" "Where?" BONK!) and also to catch your paddles before the current swept them away.

Jean
03-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Bill,
My heart says to go and vote with the cloud....

Hugs,
Jean

Jean
03-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Bill,
Just forget my vote, as I thought you had posted the heart cloud that Brenda posted on her name....don't know I thought that? Guess I am
just confused ....after alll let's remember I do have chemo brain.

lol,
jean

juanita
03-15-2008, 08:02 PM
Anything but the snakes! I can't read that one, I'd have nightmares.

Bill
03-15-2008, 08:31 PM
Juanita!!!!!! It's so good to hear from you. I was getting ready to start looking for you. I hope you're okay. Alright, no snakes on this one. It is a rather amazing story, though, well maybe someday....

Kim in CA
03-16-2008, 06:20 PM
OK, so I'm a little late to the party on this one, but I vote for Bill and the Mountain Bear.

I don't know why I like to hear about scary wildlife encounters, cause It makes me get the hebe jebes when I'm getting ready to ride out in the forrest, but enquiring minds want to know!

Kim

harrie
03-16-2008, 11:59 PM
I vote for the shape....

IRENE FROM TAMPA
03-17-2008, 04:54 AM
but I am a little curious about the following the

WILL-OF-THE-WISP in the mountains myself.

Bill
03-17-2008, 05:42 PM
Well, Ladies, if I've tallied the results correctly, it's a tie betwixt the tale of the shape-shifter and Bill-canoe-flipped, with votes thrown in all akilter for me other tales, so I've no choice but to keep the polls open for a few more days. Best wishes to you all, Love, Bill

Becky
03-17-2008, 06:29 PM
I vote Bill and the Shape Shifter! Does this have something to do with working out:)

Bill
03-17-2008, 06:40 PM
No, Becky, not that one. It's inexplicable.

hutchibk
03-17-2008, 10:56 PM
Ummmm- I think the initial votes are in my friend... when do we get the story? Welllll, (tapping my foot furiously) we're waiting!

Believe51
03-18-2008, 11:59 AM
I say the shape shifter, Bill. Cannot wait to hear of this misadventure, maybe I should make some cupcakes to go with the story!! LOL>>Believe51

juanita
03-18-2008, 02:32 PM
You're just a tease! We want to hear a story! Tell us all of them!

Mary Jo
03-18-2008, 06:07 PM
Shape-shifter - sounds hilarious.http://her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif

Do tell................please...

Mary Jo

Bill
03-18-2008, 08:26 PM
Ok, Ladies, it looks like the shape-shifter story is the winner. I'm sorry, but I cannot post it tonight, because I had to work late, and when I got home, I turned on my computer and as I turned to go back to the bedroom to change, I heard a distinct "pop" and then smelled and saw a puff of smoke coming from my tower. My first thought was, "oh, no, my her2 friends!", but then, I powered everything back up and it worked! I was hoping, actually, that the shape-shifter story didn't win, as it's the most unbelieveable one, but please bear with me, Ladies, in a day or so , I will tell the tale. Love, Bill ( I'm not a tease)

jones7676
03-19-2008, 07:55 AM
I vote for canoe flipping - I've had personal experience in this area and would like to compare notes.

harrie
03-25-2008, 12:12 AM
Ooooooooo.....that is a wicked story Wild Bill! Did you end up with a lot of "chicken skin" (what we call goosebumps on our side of the U.S.) Wierd that it was BLACK. That part is erie..... Over here we have tons of ghost stories. We even have "night marchers".....but we havent heard of a black shape......
harriecanarie