PDA

View Full Version : I don't know where to put this post

HavahJ
03-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Hi folks. I use to spend a lot of time on this board when it was much simpler. I don't want to be mean but I think the setup here doesn't lend itself well to people communicating with each other. You have to go through this private message stuff. I'm on a board now that I love. It's very simple. You put up your issue and people's responses go on the board but also come directly to your email. I've met people easily that I can communicate easily with. Maybe noone here has this problem and I'm a little nuts. But I wanted to let someone know that your boards have become too complicated and the headings are so limited. Thanks for listening. HavahJ@aol.com My response to all is at the end of your comments!
(HavahJ@aol.com)

Sheila
03-13-2008, 08:03 AM
Havahj
I have to disagree, Our board has subgroups for areas of interest, but one is free to post anywhere...of course posting in the appropriate area lends to more responses...I have been on the board for 5 years and never had a problem....as a matter of fact this is the only forum I use...it is the most informative with the most knowledgeable women and men! There is none better than Her2support in my book.

lilyecuadorian
03-13-2008, 08:13 AM
I agree Sheila ...for me is easy too. simple and truly informative .....Havah you need to explore each page of this and you see is easy to manage this site ...no surprise no adds ...the only thing is changing is ours picture ...but other then that remains the same

StephN
03-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Hi Jan -
You normally post on the HER2 GROUP section. Was surprised to see something from you here.

Seems to me that your questions have had response in that part of this site. Joe decided to break up the site into more specific forums when we got so active here. This way people can find their post and the answers are not lost in one long string (thread) covering many bases.

You CAN use private message too communicate with a specific individual/member, but this is not a post, just a private communication. Maybe some people may not check the private messages very often.

Hope this helps explain. And that you are going to do well on the new treatment.

kcherub
03-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Havah...you are probably using a message group, like yahoogroups. I use one of those for my ectopic pregnancy website and list. It does work very well for groups that intermittently post, or who are not in immediate need of an answer to a question. However, it can fill up an e-mail box, and makes it hard to respond to a larger pool of people--each e-mail is generally from one person, unlike here where the thread goes on. With the thread format, many people can respond to one query. I think it also makes it easy to get a broader perspective on a query.

Sometimes when I post here (on the Her2 board), I get some responses right away, sometimes it takes a day or so. However, I do notice that if I am really, really worried about something, people post very quickly. The members here know what we are all going through, so I don't get my feelings hurt when I don't get an immediate response to my "rambling".

Try posting on the main board more often. I am sure you will get the support you deserve and need.

Take care,

harrie
03-22-2008, 10:24 PM
I love posting on this HER2 board and get responses amazingly fast.

I know it is very easy searching out a particular topic, but I was wondering if there is an easy way of searching out a particular member?

juanita
03-23-2008, 04:29 PM
I love this board! I was visiting several others but had to quit because I was getting so depressed and after a short break even from this one decided I need you guys and have decided to keep this as my one and only supprt group. Y'all know me so well.

tousled1
03-24-2008, 05:05 AM
I have visited other message boards and find this one the easiet of all to navigate. Other boards are just one continuous thread -- nothing is broken down. At least on this site thereare specific areas where you can post according to what you are looking for or whether you are just posting something as informational. I think Joe is to be commended for meaintaining and keeping this site so user friendly. I know I'd be lost without this site.

hutchibk
03-24-2008, 09:05 AM
Hi Havah - I know you find this board different from the others, and probably less familiar in the way it operates. If you use the other boards more, their links and clicks are probably more comfortable for you. It sounds like you prefer to communicate via email rather than private messages within this site, and that is valid. You have that option when sending a PM, you can instead send a direct email most of the time.

You can subscribe to all of the threads that you post or are interested in so that an email notification is sent to you when someone new posts. All you need to do is 1. click on User CP up in the yellow tool bar, and 2. when that opens up, under the Control Panel to the left click on Edit Options, then 3. when that opens up, scroll down to Messaging and Notification and under Default Thread Subscription Mode 4. select either Instant or Daily Notification. That way you will get email updates everytime a thread is responded to.

Hope this helps!

Mary Jo
03-27-2008, 07:32 PM
Hi Jan................
Brenda did a good job of explaining some things about the her2 site to you. I hope it helps you.

I will say, of all the sites I ever visited this site is the easiest for me to navigate. That being said, I only visit one other....breastcancer.org and although I enjoy reading posts their, I do find that going back and trying to follow up is difficult. At least for me it is............................I also like to chat with the other ladies there. That is a nice feature to me.

I'm happy for you though that you found some place that works for you and helps you. That's what's the most important.

Love to you Jan..........hope all is well......

Mary Jo

Joanne S
03-30-2008, 10:17 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_5_104.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788MNUS) This most definitely the best and most user friendly site.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_5_127.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788MNUS)I don't even go on any other sites anymore!

Thanks Joe! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_5_137.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788MNUS)

Jo

SoCalGal
03-31-2008, 08:32 AM
I am surprised by your post when so many here responded to your urgent and desperate issues. I know that you asked for people to respond directly to your email address but I think most people here post so others can benefit from the exchange of info. and lend their support. You had 27 replies to one of your postings alone - which can be easily viewed by scrolling down the page.

The bottom line is it sounds like you found a site that suits you and that is important. Glad you seem to be doing better on your new regime. Hope you post with updates - use the same forum that you've used in the past. As far as the headings being limited - I would be very interested to know which other headings you would like to see here - maybe you can help us with that info.
Best-
Flori

HavahJ
03-31-2008, 04:53 PM
Sorry, won't make a negative comment again! Thankx for trying to see things by standing in someone else's shoes. But you all make a great defense; I just don't understand the necessity for it. I was hoping someone might try to understand how and why I see things the way I do, and help me navigate the map! I'm not nuts. I'm sure there are others out there who have a difficult time getting around this site. They're just not counted in the defense of the site group; they're gone!

hutchibk
03-31-2008, 09:57 PM
Hi Havah - please read above to my previous post... I don't know if you read it or skipped it, but I stood in your shoes and then posted the info you asked for to help the site work better for you. For the most part, there are ways to make it do most everything you want it to do.

Good luck with everything and keep us posted.

juanita
04-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Maybe if we knew what you can't navigate we could give more specific advice. I couldn't change my avatar and asked for help. With the help of others I was able to accomplish this and was so proud of myself. I even wrote down their directions so I can do it again cuz I sure won't remember it. We want to help, just tell us what you need!

fauxgypsy
04-08-2008, 10:00 PM
I think that it is wonderful site and very informative. That said, I can see where there could be problems. I took some time off for a while because it seemed like some people were becoming very argumentative (for a short time) and I believe that everyone's beliefs and opinions have value. I don't have to agree with them but niether do I feel that I should respond in a hurtful manner. Coming back, I have found a much busier board in which it seems that sometimes individual posts can get lost. I don't mean this in any way to be a criticism but am merely observing it. One can choose to take this personally or understand that it is factor of growth and know that it is reaching an ever growing population of people who need it. I have found this to be the most helpful and informative site on the web. Thanks, Joe, for making this available for us.

Lesli

hutchibk
04-09-2008, 04:20 PM
I think you nailed it Faux... it is the nature of an ever expanding community - more people need the site (sadly) so more people are coming to the site (fortunately for them) and more posts means more traffic, which always means you sometimes can't find the forest for the trees.

Gerri
04-10-2008, 09:19 AM
I agree with Lesli and Brenda. I hope my comments won't be misunderstood, but I have noticed that those who are not "regular posters" sometimes get lost in the shuffle. Some members try to pull these threads up, but at times they still do not get the response they deserve. Often times these questions have already been addressed before, but since the member does not visit the board on a regular basis, he/she may have missed it. We all should keep in mind that every question posed has someone at the other end waiting (sometimes anxiously) to hear suggestions or get advice from this fine group of men and women.

This board is a valuable tool in this fight and I am very impressed with the knowledge and compassion shown by so many. As the membership continues to grow, I hope that more of us (me included) will do our best to help out when we do have some insight or something of value to offer, especially to those who seldom post.

All my best,