PDA

View Full Version : bad muga scan

wakeboardgirl
03-08-2008, 09:52 AM
Has anyone been taken off Herceptin due to bad results from the muga scans? I have been on it since Aug 06. My latest scan came back with a 47% ejection down from 67% last summer. I have noticed I get worn out very easily. I was in very good shape prior to being diagnosed. (I ran competively in college) now I can't run around the block. I was told that these results are reversible but I wonder how long it will take to be myself again. While I would like to be the person I once was I am also scarried being taken off herceptin will allow the cancer to come back.

diagnosed July 06 stage IV with mets to spine
Herceptin/Avastin/Taxotere Aug 06-Feb 07
Avastin/Herceptin Feb07-current
masactomy April 07
expander Nov 07
implant Feb 08

Thanks!
Monica

Jackie07
03-08-2008, 05:25 PM
I've been waiting for my MUGA number to climb back. I am going to have another one March 17. Hopefully it will come back a little, so I can resume the treatment. I do have mitral valve prolapse (congenital) which probably didn't help. My onco stopped my Herceptin when the MUGA number dropped more than 10% (I think that's the number) With the number of 51, I don't feel any difference. But of course I have not been as active as I used to be, either.

Georgia girl
06-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Monica -My ejection fraction went down to 19% on herceptin. Once it was stopped, within 3-4 months it was back up to 52%. My onocologist is happy with that, and I have been on Tykerb for about 13 months with no problems. Good luck.
Beth

chrisy
06-06-2008, 07:15 AM
Monica,
Herceptin will stay in your system for some time, so try not to worry about being off it while your heart is recovering.