PDA

View Full Version : Pain

AnneRM
03-03-2008, 01:49 PM
I had Cyclphosphamide, Epirubicin and 5-Fluorouracil for my first three treatments of Chemo, followed by three treatments of Docetaxel. After my second treatment (CEF) my left leg became very sore and after an ultrasound it showed a blood clot. I finished chemo in May and then in June I started my 17 treatments of Herceptin. My legs have been sore for a long time, especially the one where I had the blood clot. I can’t remember if they became really sore after taking DocetaxeI or when I was on Herceptin. I mentioned this to my onc Dr and he thinks it might be from Docetaxel. Dr suggested taking 2 extra strength acetaminophen every 4 hours. This only took the edge off.

For the last 3 months the pain in my legs is worse and now I have pain across my upper back (just above the bra strap) and across the shoulders. Onc dr suggested taking 2 extra strength Advil or ibuprofen every 4 hours. He said if I need to, take acetaminophen in between. I ask him wouldn’t this be hard on my liver and he said no. After a week of taking ibuprofen I feel nausea and bound up.

Does anyone out there have the same problem? Could it be from the Docetaxel or Herceptin? Does it get better?

Between insomnia, hot flashes and this pain I am on my last nerve. Appreciate any input on this.

Thanks,
Anne

Mary Anne in TX
03-03-2008, 02:18 PM
Hi Anne! I have the stiff leggs (not painful, but stiff) but I also have the pain across my shoulders and at the top of my back. It has gotten steadly worse, but bareable most of the time. It just makes me cranky and tired most of the time. I had just decided it was part of the package. Good luck on finding a solution that works for you. I took pain pills for a while, but decided to tough it out and see how it goes. ma