PDA

View Full Version : Pat's struggle is over

wennydog
02-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Thank you all so much for your support love and kindness throughout this horrible time. Pat lost her battle friday morning and now is finally at peace. I want to especially thank Marie and all those who have reached out to me with special messages and all who participated in the prayer night on Wed. I will continue to fight for a cure to this disease with all my might and I would like to continue to be a member of this wonderful group. My struggle continues so please pray for me that I find a way to go on now that my soulmate is gone. Sincerely Donna (wennydog)

StephN
02-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Dear wennydog -
I am very sorry for your loss, please accept my healing thoughts as you move on from this trying time.
These kinds of losses are tough to take, but there will be moments of happy times that will pop into your thoughts to take away some of the pain.

I keep some pics out of my dad in times where we were all very happy and this helps me replace some of my sorrow.

TSund
02-02-2008, 11:12 PM
Dear Donna,

I am so very, very sorry for your loss. Words cannot even begin to express. I know that Pat is in a better place, and I am glad that she is out of pain.

I know I speak for so many here that care so very deeply for Pat and for you. Know that you are in our thoughts and our prayers and our hearts.

You have my contact info. Don't hesitate when the time becomes right for you.

Much love,

Terri

Chelee
02-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Donna, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear Pat. My heart goes out to you at this difficult time. I know it can be almost unbearable to lose those we love. I lost my Mother to cancer this last August and its been rough. I try to remember all the good times we had together like Steph said. You will always have those to hold on to and cherish. You have my sincerest condolences.

And yes...please do stick around...you are part of this family. I will have you in my thoughts and prayers. Sending a big hug your way.

Chelee

Catherine
02-03-2008, 12:04 AM
Dear Donna, (aka, Wendydog)

I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my prayers at this sad time. Stay on board with us on this site. We will help and support you anyway we can. Take the best care you can of yourself. I am sure that Pat felt all your love and support up to the very last second.

Hugs, Catherine

BonnieR
02-03-2008, 12:34 AM
Of course you should stay with us on the board. We are "family".
God bless.

WomanofSteel
02-03-2008, 06:59 AM
My deepest sympathies for your loss. Words cannot express how sorry I am that your soulmate has lost her battle.

lisajones4
02-03-2008, 07:25 AM
Donna, I am so sorry for your loss. Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

Lisa

tousled1
02-03-2008, 07:40 AM
Donna,

My heart felt sympathy to you on the loss of your soul mate Pat. She is no longer in pain and fighting but is now pain free and at peace. Losing a loved one is the most difficult thing we go through in life. Please do stay here as you know we're all here to support you as well.

tricia keegan
02-03-2008, 08:03 AM
Donna my sincere condolence's to you at this sad time. I hope you'll find comfort and solace in knowing Pat is free from pain, my thoughts are with you.

PinkGirl
02-03-2008, 08:07 AM
Donna
I am so very sorry for your loss. Pat is no longer
struggling but there is no easy way to deal with
losing someone you love. My thoughts are with
you.

Mgarr
02-03-2008, 08:13 AM
Donna,

I am so sorry for your loss. I will continue to pray for your peace.

Mary

Mary Jo
02-03-2008, 08:19 AM
Dear Donna,

Please accept my heartfelt condolences in the loss of your "soul mate," Pat. As you said, her struggle is now over and she is at peace. However, I pray the Lord's peace and comfort to you at this difficult time.

Sending love and hugs of comfort,

Mary Jo

goops
02-03-2008, 08:37 AM
Donna,

My deepest sympathies for your loss - you will be in my prayers.

kcherub
02-03-2008, 08:44 AM
Dear Donna,

I am so sorry to hear of Pat's passing. I will be praying for you both...

Take care,

Jeanette
02-03-2008, 08:52 AM
So sorry for your loss Donna, my thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. I lost my very dear friend Christmas Eve and it is very hard. Blessings , Jeanette

lilyecuadorian
02-03-2008, 08:55 AM
so so sorry ...is a terrible thing knowing that we lost a sister ..you and Pat will be in my prayers

Joy
02-03-2008, 09:35 AM
and so very sorry for your loss. Take good care of yourself, Donna. And know that you are loved here.

kareneg
02-03-2008, 10:24 AM
Dear Donna,

My heart breaks for you. I pray you find the peace to get through the hard days to come. And know our sister Pat is at peace also. I am so glad you are going to stay with us you are very loved here as is Pat. For know take good care of yourself my sister. Again my deepest sympathy.

Yorkiegirl
02-03-2008, 10:31 AM
Donna I'm sending many prayers your way. I'm so sorry to hear of loss of Pat, your soul mate.

May God wrap his arms around you and comfort you during this difficult time.

Please post when you feel up to it.

michka
02-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Donna, I am so sorry about this terrible news. Pat is a star in the sky now. Our only consolation is to think that she is not suffering anymore. You should keep posting. We need you and we will try to bring you comfort as much as we can. Michka

Kim in CA
02-03-2008, 10:46 AM
Dear Donna,

I'm so very sorry to hear of Pat's passing. Hang on tight to those precious memories and know that she is at peace now. Sending love and prayers, Kim.

Patb
02-03-2008, 11:13 AM
So very sorry to hear the news. Take care and know that we are
thinking of you at this time.
patb

Jean
02-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Donna,
I am so very sorry for your loss. I understand your pain and will keep you in my prayers.

Jean

Barbara H.
02-03-2008, 12:01 PM
Donna,
I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that many are thinking of you, and at some point your wonderful memories will help.
Thinking of you,
Barbara H.

sassy
02-03-2008, 12:02 PM
I am so sorry to hear of Pat's passing. Although you loss must be terribly painful, please take comfort in the fact that you were there for her. Pat is now an angel watching over all of us. Please stay with us here and accept our support and caring.

Jackie07
02-03-2008, 12:24 PM
"Be strong...and with courage" - we've all done that, but each stage is different. Please know that we are all here for you.

Faith in Him
02-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Please know that I am praying for you as you walk through this most difficult loss. I Know Pat was surely blessed having you by her side.

udith3
02-03-2008, 12:53 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to you both.. I know the pain and emptyness..I lost my best friend pn Memorial Day 2007...Still think about her and miss her each day...Take care.....Judith

Mary Anne in TX
02-03-2008, 01:22 PM
Donna, I can't even imagine your pain at losing Pat. She was the center of all you have done and thought lately. She's in a safe place now with no pain or fear. But you are here and must walk through each day on your own. We'll be here for you and are honored to have such a loving member to share with. We need you and hope we can meet your needs. Much love and peace to one who cares so very much. Wishing you some kind thoughts. ma

lexigirl
02-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Dear Donna,

Please know that you are in my prayers in this time of grief. It saddens me to read that we have lost another special sister in this fight.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

Bill
02-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Dear Sweet Donna, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. You and Pat were in my thoughts and prayers and you will continue to be so. As your sisters have stated, she's no longer hurting or afraid, but now your soulmate is watching over you. Please keep in touch. Love and prayers, Bill

charlotte
02-03-2008, 03:58 PM
I am also sorry to hear of your loss... prayers being sent up ....

chrisy
02-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Donna,
Please know you are wrapped in love and prayers.

RhondaH
02-03-2008, 07:09 PM
my prayers WILL continue for you AND for Pat. May you find strength and peace. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

Soccermom
02-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Donna,
I am so saddened to hear of the loss of your Donna. Many sincere loving thoughts being said for you both.

Marcia

Sherryg683
02-03-2008, 08:39 PM
I am saddened to hear of your loss. You will be in my prayers, please stay in touch with all of us..sherryg

hermiracles
02-04-2008, 04:25 AM
Dear Donna ~ it is so painful to lose someone you love so much ~ your soulmate. You are both blessed to share that love together.
You are both in my prayers and I hope you can draw some comfort knowing you are surrounded by love and care. Take care of yourself Sister ~ you have done a mighty job taking care of one of our own.
Blessings to you Donna.
Hermiracles

eric
02-04-2008, 06:08 AM
Donna,

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you. In my book, as I'm sure most others, you are forever part of this family.

Eric

sarah
02-04-2008, 07:11 AM
Donna,
So sorry to hear about your loss.
hugs and love
sarah

Stephanie
02-04-2008, 09:55 AM
So very sorry--please accept my condolences.

Believe51
02-04-2008, 11:03 AM
What can I say that we have not already spoke about??? I cannot imagine that flood of mixed emotions you must be feeling right now, I only hope that some of the support and prayers provide atleast a bit of comfort. You are certainly the 'golden image of a perfect caregiver'!! And Pat...well she was the meaning of what an Angel Warrior is!! I do pray for you, Donna and shall continue to hold you deep in heart. Both of you were so blessed to share such a love and I have always admired the spirit, the determination, the devotion of it. Pat will remain vibrantly alive in my memory and heart for my life, as you shall. As you enter this new chapter in your life, I wish for you all of the very best. May time heal you some in this needy point of your life.

Is there an obit that we could all sign on-line for Pat?? If there is and you have time please post it. It is something that many of us always do if available.

Take care Sweet Friend, thank you for letting me in and sharing this most personal journey with Mighty Oak and myself. Baby steps. All My Love To A Very Dear Friend>>Marie G

PS: You had earned your wings in the past....now you have your halo. You are an Angel Donna!!

mts
02-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Dear Donna,

I am sure Pat's earthly energy is still swirling around and will be forever. My heart goes out to you.

Warmly,

Maria

Barbara2
02-04-2008, 01:06 PM
I am so very sorry. I offer you my sincere condolances. May the Lord give you strength and comfort, and may Pat rest in Peace.

ita
02-04-2008, 01:39 PM
So sorry for your loss. I cannot find any other words. You are in my thoughts.

Ita

Montana
02-04-2008, 03:32 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss.

Cynthia
02-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Donna,

I am truly sorry for the loss of your beloved Pat. My heart goes out to her and her loved ones.

Joan M
02-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Donna, I'm sorry for the loss of your dear friend. You have my prayers that God will show you the path to a peaceful heart. Joan

Vanessa
02-04-2008, 07:31 PM
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your soulmate, Pat. I am glad to know she is no longer suffering and I hope the pain that you are enduring, begans to heal with time. I will be keeping you in my thoughts.

Vanessa

Bev
02-04-2008, 09:33 PM
So very sorry as well. We would be honored if you keep in touch with us. Bev

Joanne S
02-04-2008, 09:34 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_4_8.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788MNUS) So sorry to hear of your loss. Hold your memories close to your heart and cherish them forever. May you find peace and solace in those memories.

In sympathy http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_2_15.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788MNUS)
Joanne

MJo
02-05-2008, 10:13 AM
I'm so sorry at your loss. Love doesn't die. In my belief, Pat's physical body stopped working, but her spirit and her love for you continue. I'm sure you are exhausted. Please take good care of yourself.

Karen W
02-05-2008, 10:44 AM
Dear Donna,

Pat knows how much she was loved, so I hope you can find some peace with that knowledge. I think you know that you won't always feel this way... your heart will at some point heal, but right now everything is so raw and painful. I am so very sorry for your loss.

Please know that you are being sent love, hugs and healing prayers.

Karen

suzan w
02-05-2008, 10:59 AM
Peace to you, dear friend.

Hazel Joyce
02-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Donna, my condolences on the loss of your soulmate. You are in my prayers.

Lolly
02-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Dear Donna, I'm sorry to hear you've lost your dear Pat, but also relieved that her struggle is ended and she's at peace now. You were a rock for her, and we'll be here for you whenever you need us. That you're still dedicated to helping the cause is an especially touching extension of your love for Pat, as I'm sure that she would want that very much. But also, take care of yourself and try to take a break for awhile, you've been in the front lines for a long time now and need to rest and greive.
Big hugs to you,
<3 Lolly

mabrooks
02-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Donna:
So sorry you have lost Pat. My best friend passed away in Oct 07 from colon cancer. There is solace in knowing there is no more suffering. May your pain ease with thoughts of your wonderful memories together.
Mary

Carol Carlson
02-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Donna, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. May God hold you in the plam of his hand.
Sincerely,
Carol

micheleu
02-06-2008, 06:55 PM
I will pray for comfort for you.

Andrea Barnett Budin
02-06-2008, 08:03 PM
Dear Donna,

I am so very sorry to hear about Pat passing on. Even though I knew from your posts that this moment was coming. It saddens me deeply that she has had to move on. Yet, surely she is at peace now. Free. And that must bring you much comfort.

I would imagine that Pat's wish for you is to embrace each new day, for her, and for yourself. That would be the greatest of tributes to her. When we love someone, that is what we always want for them -- to find happiness. I understand what a tremendous loss this is for you. May it ease your sorrow to know that Pat still IS. I believe the Soul continues on into a new way of being. In another dimension. And one day, your Soul will be reunited with hers, as you were always meant to be together. So you will be.

I pray you can find the strength to focus on the joy of your special relationship and how fortunate you were to have Pat be such an important part of your life. This is difficult, as we feel the empty space in our heart and naturally long for those we love to remain with us. Pat will always be with you though, and you with her. I feel she is just over your shoulder, a breath away. That you can still talk to her and sense her closeness.

I lost my beloved and dearest friend two years ago and I look up and speak to her often. Somehow a smile always comes to my lips. I think she hears me and knows how deep my love for her is. Pat knows your love as well, I have no doubt.

And how blessed Pat was to have you by her side, in good times and in the most difficult of times. That is a beautiful thing you gave to her. The most loving thing one human being can do for another. To be there in the darkest of times for them. It had to mean the world to her.

Of course you must stay *on board* with us. We are family. No one can understand as well. This home is a wonderful haven we have each discovered. Naturally you cherish this place. And stay close.

My arms are around you, sending you my love,
Andi