PDA

View Full Version : New Treatment

Faith in Him
01-31-2008, 06:24 PM
So my Onc. did feel that I was not getting enough benefit from Taxotere. I will start Navelbine on Monday with Herceptin. Gosh, I really hope this works.

My brain MRI was clear. I want so much to rejoice but the Onc. reminded me of how aggressive my disease is. I guess I knew that since it came back so quickly but it was still hard to hear.

PinkGirl
01-31-2008, 06:31 PM
Go ahead and rejoice - your brain MRI was clear!!! That is wonderful news.

I had a surgeon who wouldn't let me get too excited about
being node negative. She kept reminding me that the cancer
was "still" very aggressive. I wanted to celebrate, but she
took the wind out of my sails.

Congrats on the clear MRI, and good luck with your new
cocktail.

Mary Jo
01-31-2008, 06:33 PM
Hi Tonya,

I hope the new treatment works quickly for you and is easy on you.

Prayers for healing and peace,

Mary Jo

chrisy
01-31-2008, 07:22 PM
Go ahead and celebrate the clean MRI. Think of it as all good news is FANTASTIC and the not good news is just information.
Sounds like a good plan to try something other than a taxane, and Navelbine is a great drug.

Good luck with the new strategy!

Joan M
01-31-2008, 07:33 PM
That's wonderful news about your brain MRI. Go ahead and celebrate. It's also wonderful that your initial scans were clear.

Cathya
01-31-2008, 08:10 PM
Yes. These onc's sure know how to rain on our parades but remember that so far it's just a case of finding a better performing treatment from many available. So far no spread and you can feel very good about that. We are so lucky that so much is known about our disease. There's even that powerful Herceptin DM1....the one that's super powered with a chemo attached. God bless

Cathy

goops
01-31-2008, 08:15 PM
I thought my oncologist was the only kill joy, they really don't let you celebrate much - do they.

I hope your new treatment works well for you - and I think you deserve a celebration!

Vanessa
02-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Good luck with your new treatment and congratulations on the results of your brain MRI. I find out the results of mine on Tuesday. I hate getting reminded that my cancer is aggressive. I would like a decent break from chemo.