PDA

View Full Version : car doors

juanita
01-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Despite what they show on tv, car doors don't open when you pull the handle and slam your shoulder into them. Our car doors were frozen shut this morning after our very strange weather here last night. I had to climb in the back hatch of my mini-van, then climb over the 2 back seats with the boxes I've been hauling around for my son. I got the driver's door open without too much problem and then tried to open the passenger door. I hit that door and it went nowhere. My arm just smashed into my side and I almost cried. If it had been the left arm where I had the lumpectomy I would have called in to work and gone straight to the hospital. It hurts like heck, but had some good laughs about it today. I did talk to the school nurse who also works in my pcp's office. She gave me things to watch for etc.... So I'm taking ibuprofen for the pain, it numbs it but doesn't get rid of it all. At least I can laugh about it now.

chrisy
01-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Congratulations on escaping from your frozen car, and on being able to accomplish all the gymnastics to even get in the thing!

Mary Jo
01-30-2008, 06:59 PM
Oh Juanita..............your post made me laugh ALTHOUGH I am sorry you hurt your arm. I laughed because I live in the midwest too (Wisconsin) and our weather was similar to yours - or so it sounds. Schools were closed today because the actual temperature was minus 10 with a windchill of minus 40 AND wind gusts over 50 mph. (why do we live here?) My husband's car stays outside while mine goes in the garage (I'm the spoiled one in the family) and when he went outside to go to work this morning his door wouldn't open. The back door did open so he had to go in that door and crawl over the seat. Hahahahahahahaha!

Sorry you hurt your arm and I hope it feels better soon.

Love from a midwest "chilly" friend.http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif

Mary Jo

mke
01-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Oh, help me think of this weather as "bracing" or "invirograting" or anything other than awful stuff to be endured while hoping that the creaky furnace will last.

PinkGirl
01-30-2008, 08:17 PM
Oh Juanita - the old frozen car door, crawl over the back seat scenario. I know it well. Congrats on finding a way in. It can be tricky.

If it makes any of you feel better, our windchill for tonight is -52.
I, of course, will be in my bed with a hot water bottle. It seems
like the whole world is having nasty weather. Oh well, this too
shall pass.

I hope your arm and shoulder are okay.

Lolly
01-30-2008, 10:18 PM
Hope your shoulder heals up soon. I had a car door mishap last year, where I managed to slam my hand in the sliding door of my mini-van. Had to go to ER for stitches, and the funny part was, I had my mishap when I was getting ready to go pick up a friend and give her a ride home after she had day surgery! My husband ended up doing the honors for both of us. OUCH.

Take care of that arm.

<3 Lolly

weezie1053
01-30-2008, 10:28 PM
Juanita, don't have the time to log on as frequently as I use to, but I'm glad I didn't miss your post. I too had a good chuckle.

Makes me appreciate the four seasons of Virginia!

Louise

Believe51
01-31-2008, 06:25 AM
Glad to hear you are laughing!! Thanks for the lesson..LOL>>Believe51

goops
01-31-2008, 07:49 AM
Sounds like the cold air that is here (Minnesota) extends down to Indiana. It was -40 with wind chills here yesterday - all schools were closed. I am off work due to reconstruction surgery and was very glad I did not need to go to work.

micheleu
02-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Hi just checking to see if this works