PDA

View Full Version : Thank you all

Adriana Mangus
01-30-2008, 04:58 PM
Thanks so much everyone. You are very kind to have taken the time to talk to me.

I will be calling onc to make a decision whether to receive radiation therapy or switch to taxol+herceptin. I'm not 100% convinced that radiation will work for me...there is also the scarring issue.

I do not know if the scarring in the lung would present a problem when
the need arises for me to go back to a conventional chemo.

There is a gray area that am not comfortable with.. My head is spinning...I really do not have the right answer, not sure if any doctor would have the right answer either.

Much love to you all.

Mary Jo
01-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Hello Adriana,

I just wanted to send my love to you and to say that I will pray that answers for the decisions you face will be made known to you somehow. Asking Lord.........please show her.

Also, I like the quote in your signature. I love the last sentence especially........"whoever possesses God lacks nothing; it's enough to have God." That's awesome and oh so true.

Love & prayers for you,

Mary Jo

Joan M
01-30-2008, 06:57 PM
Adriana, I love St. Teresa of Avila and the "Interior Castle." Hang in there, and God bless! Joan

Joanne S
01-31-2008, 12:26 AM
Adriana,

fyi---I had Herceptin at the same time as I went for radiation. I felt ok, but really don't have any idea if has any negative impact.

My best wellness wishes to you and your hubby!
Hugs,

Mary Anne in TX
01-31-2008, 07:04 AM
Adriana, write it all down on paper. Make columns and see if seeing it will help you know what more you need to find out and then maybe the decision will present itself to you. I'm praying for you. ma

hutchibk
02-01-2008, 09:44 PM
I wish you clarity and ease in your decision process! I sure do wish that this was a more exact science and not so "brain-melting" - take care. Whatever you decide will be the right decision for you. And always remember that we may not be able to direct the wind, but we can always adjust our sails.

harrie
02-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Adriana, I think many of us can relate to your dilemma of trying to decide which option is the best. Someday it will all be behind you and you can breathe that sigh of relief that you finally made that "right" decision and all is done!
I know this may sound funny, but when I was in that situation of evaluating recommendations, researching, 2nd opinions, etc....on several occasions I remember getting "signs" and to me those signs really helped.
Maryanne (harrie)

BonnieR
02-01-2008, 11:59 PM
I had the same experience as MaryAnne. I felt that I received "signs" when struggling for answers. I prayed about things and then just sort of turned them over to a higher power to give me direction. I know it may sound odd, but it worked.

Bill
02-02-2008, 12:24 AM
Adriana, when faced with a difficult decision, like yours, just draw a nice warm bath, light some candles, play some soft music, and open your mind to receive guidance, and then go to bed, and as you drift off to sleep, I pray that God will calm your spirit

tousled1
02-02-2008, 08:15 AM
Adriania,

I know that you have a very difficult decision to make. Just remember it is your decision! I pray that whatever you decide turns out to be the "magic bullet" that will irradicate your mets.