PDA

View Full Version : Tiptoe & Tex Arrive In Idaho

Marlys
01-30-2008, 07:27 AM
Yep, they got here at 6:45 P.M. MST last night. I just met them and already I am talking like a Texan, Y'all. Maybe the fact I lived there in my teens is surfacing, although that was sooo looong ago I am surprised I remember. They are absolutely precious. I only had a few minutes with them but as soon as I can we will have a real get together. And I will write and post pictures.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

PinkGirl
01-30-2008, 08:03 AM
Hi Marlys
I'm happy to hear that the travelers have arrived.
I know you will enjoy them even though it will be a
very busy time for you.

When Tiptoe was visiting me she spent some time
talking to my husband about his job. One evening,
when he brought home some paper work, I heard him
explaining to Tip how he sometimes has to communicate
with the National Interagency Fire Center in Boise. At the
time I didn't know that she would end up visiting you in
Boise. I was wondering if you could point out the
Center to her if you happen to be driving past it some day.
I'm sure she'd enjoy seeing it...... just if you have time.

Have fun with your visitors. I'm looking forward to the pictures.

LAURIE
01-30-2008, 08:13 AM
I sent you a PM with my address. I am excited for their upcoming adventures.

Sheila
01-31-2008, 05:29 AM
Maryls
I can't wait to see the "biker pics"...it was much too cold here for that kind of activity...and 8 inches more snow tonight...I am ready for spring!

PinkGirl
01-31-2008, 07:42 AM
Sheila
According to Bill, Spring is right
around the corner!

Marlys
01-31-2008, 08:28 AM
Sheila.
It is really a mess here, too. Although we are not having nearly the weather you are we are having a lot more than we are used too. Chrissy put Tiptoe's sweater on her when she sent them and she really needed it. I took the kids to a meeting yesterday and everyone fell in love with them. No decision yet on whether she is one of us or not but she did take a 24 hour chip and read a pamphlet entitled "Is A.A. For You?".
It is too cold for the "bikes" but it usually warms up quickly so I sure they will have their ride before they go to Ohio.
We are amateur radio operators and Tiptoe talked to a ham operator in China last night. I will try and get the pictures of our activities on tomorrow.
Pink Girl. I can imagine how much you miss Tiptoe. She is amazing. You can just feel all the love that her previous hostesses have shared with her. I think you should get her again so you can share in this wonder.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

Sheila
01-31-2008, 08:37 AM
Pink Girl
Maybe down south but not in Illinois!!!!! Of course we can get some crazy weather here, snow and sub zero to 50 degrees in a day....I have seen the trees bud out and the daffodils and tulips p[op their heads in the middle of winter. We had snow and 60 mph winds here yesterday...is was truly not spring like...wind chills were 30 below zero!

PinkGirl
01-31-2008, 08:38 AM
Marlys
What's a 24 hour chip?

Marlys
01-31-2008, 05:44 PM
PinkGirl,
Members of A.A. celebrate milestones in sobriety with chips, some are very elaborate, others are very simple.
They are coins about the size of a silver dollar. There are 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, 1 year and then yearly. The 24 hour chip is mostly given out to someone who feels the need for extra support for any number of reasons. I asked for one when I was in my first 3 weeks of chemo because I felt so crappy. I had 24 1/2 years of continuous sobriety so it wasn't really to keep me from drinking. We try to take life one day at a time so the 24 hour chip echos that. Hope this explains this. Now, I have taken a couple of pictures and am currently struggling to find them and get the on the site.
I'll keep trying.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

Marlys
01-31-2008, 07:23 PM
I am hoping this works.

Marlys
01-31-2008, 07:31 PM
After reading the pamphlet and taking the test in it, Tiptoe decided she is not an alcoholic but feels she does need to imbibe more responsibly. It would probably help if she would just drink the drink and not take a rest in the glass or go to sleep in front of the beer can, especially in such a vulnerable position. You might be interested to know that before I admitted I was an "alcoholic " I did not pass out I just fell asleep easily and especially in strange places.
Love & hugs,
Marlys
P.S. Resizing that photo has nearly driven me to drink!!!!

PinkGirl
02-01-2008, 02:46 PM
Hi Marlys
So is this definite now - she's not an alcoholic? Or are you still
going to be watching her closely? The only time she had too much
and passed out (in a particularly un-ladylike position) was her first
day here and she hadn't eaten all day and was considerably jet-lagged.

As for falling into one of Andi's huge wine glasses - I don't know about
that. Maybe Andi can explain it.

I am glad she went to the meeting with you and has read some of the
literature. Hopefully she will feel welcome if she decides to join.

Looking forward to more pictures........

Catherine
02-02-2008, 11:32 PM
I think that Tiptoe will soon be writing her autobiography. Does anyone know a publisher that would give her story a chance? She has more experience than any other Hamster that I know. I am relieved that she is not an alcoholic. Maybe she is just "Addicted to Love" like the rest of us.

Catherine (red hair now..not blond...not pink)
But I will not be posting a new picture, because my camera is broken.

Marlys
02-05-2008, 06:40 AM
I am probably the most impaired person on the planet when it comes to resizing.... especially since my Photo Finale says resize to web page thumbnail & I finally saw it. These pictures are of Tip talking to China on the Ham Radio. The four beautiful women are my oncology nurses whom I don't get to see unless I have something important to do...like taking these two to meet them.
Will add some more in the next post.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

Marlys
02-05-2008, 06:45 AM
Well, now we have the 4 beautiful women as well as some fence sitting to enjoy the view.

Marlys
02-05-2008, 06:49 AM
PinkGirl,
I took The Twosome to see the National Interagency Fire Center and took this picture. The emblem on the side of the building is huge although you can't tell it in this picture.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

Andrea Barnett Budin
02-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Hi Y'all!

Just got back from a trip to Calif to visit my dghtr and 2 of my grandsons. Tip and Tex alw look so happy! Just their natures I'm supposing...

When Tip was here (pre Tex) she was sipping her cocktail, trying to get the very last sip in, when she lost her footing and fell head first into the glass. Just kind of slipped and slid. With her big tail hanging out. I had to snap a picture. Didn't mean to embarrass her. I shoulda given her a saucer, I'm thinking now. Silly me! Next to my big old all-purpose balloon glass that wine glass seemed so small, yet Tipsy is only little, after all...

Maryls, no Marlys, right? Glad you got your turn w/the duo! They are so fun! And I am extremely impressed that you managed to upload those pics. I tried and tried and failed and failed at that. Tell the truth, now. Did your kids help you?

Hey Catherine, I was a redhead (after I metastasized). I needed to be wild and crazy for a while, having escaped the jaws of death yet again. I understand your decision. Bet you look fab! When you can, O Catherine of Oregon, please post your new look for us all to see.

And Marlys, please keep those pictures coming. They delight me! And [lease give my LOVE and HUGS to Tiptoe and Tex. May they bless your home as they did mine!
Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/0201e05fca/06

PinkGirl
02-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Hi Marlys
Thanks for the picture of the Fire Center. I showed it to my husband
and he was happy to see what it looks like. I hope it wasn't too far out
of your way.

The kids look great. Hope to see more pictures.
Have fun with them!!!

Marlys
02-06-2008, 08:55 AM
Andi,
Believe it or not I did it me ownself!! When we bought our digital camera the cameral store either sold or gave us a program called Photo Finale. On the toolbar is one that says "PHOTO". I clicked on that and one of the options is "Resize". I clicked on that and one of the options is "Web Page Thumbnail". So there!!
Love & hugs,
Marlys
P.S. I saw this as a poster in a Newport, Oregon art gallery and when I found it online I had to copy it.
P.P.S. I also bought a bottle of wine there that had frosted glass with a clear picture window and a beautiful scene on the opposite of the bottle that I had to have. Ken doesn't drink wine so I'll probably have the bottle to pass on the future generations!!!

Marlys
02-06-2008, 09:09 AM
PinkGirl,
This link has a lot better pictures of the National Interagency Fire Center. It used to be called the Boise
Interagency Fire Center. We called it BIFC. Seemed to have more class than NIFC!!
As you can tell we are still snowed in and it isn't taking very much to entertain me.
We are waiting for decent weather before the Twosome can go motor cycling with the Sober Riders.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

http://www.nifc.gov/

Andrea Barnett Budin
02-07-2008, 11:16 AM
Okay, Marlys. Now you're just showing off. Putting those giraffe in for good measure. WEB PAGE THUMBNAIL -- that's the missing key!

Those children are darling! Ages and names please. Enjoy them. Do they think you're funny getting all excited over a stuffed hamster and a tiger?? My grandkids were amused by my glee. But they joined right in!

Andi

Bill
02-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Awesome pictures, Marly. It sounds like you guys are having a great time. Love, Bill
(whispering defiantly, "spring IS right around the corner")

Marlys
02-07-2008, 08:29 PM
The names are Dillon, 11 years old, Derek, 9 years old, and Drew (middle name is Ozzie) age 7. I also have a beautiful granddaughter named Bailey, age 8! These pictures were taken at Baileys 5th birthday party. Theyreally aren't that current.However, they still look like this except Derek now has his front teeth. They all live here in Boise so I can enjoy them all the time.
And Bill, knock it off about spring. We,who are used to 1/2 inch of snow once a year, are suffering through a new storm every night so that Tiptoe & Tex think that all I do is shovel snow!!!
Andi, I haven't met anyone who has not enjoyed TipToe & Tex
and in fact members of my A.A. group were almost as excited about their visit as I was.. Also one of my oncology nurses has been following the threads since they started because she thinks the idea was delightful. The grandkids have not met the twosome yet but they will.
Love & hugs ,
Marlys

PinkGirl
02-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Thanks Marlys - very cute grandkids. They
are going to love Tip and Tex ... more pics I hope.

Marlys
02-09-2008, 06:58 AM
We had a sleep over last nite and watched T.V. til midnite. Marlys & Kim(her daughter in law)went to bed early. Marlys made peanut butter cookies and we all ate til we were stuffed. Here are some pictures.
Love & hugs,
TipToe (& Tex)

PinkGirl
02-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Hi Marlys
You and your daughter-in-law were sure brave to have
a sleep-over with 5 kids. I hope Tip and Tex behaved
and played nicely with your grandkids.

I have to ask, in the pictures, who is at the top of the bed on the pillows?

Marlys
02-11-2008, 08:27 AM
Oh, that's my youngest child, Pepe. He is a Bichon Frese(sp?) He is 10 years old and really loves kids. ( In fact he loves anyone who comes to the door.) Here are more pictures of him. I haven't introduced him formally to the kids because I am afraid he might grab one and run outside with her/him. I plan to get pictures of the bikers today and will then send the twosome on to Laurie.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

Andrea Barnett Budin
02-12-2008, 03:35 PM
Great pictures Maryls! Thanks or sharing!

Your Bichon would love my Maltese boys I bet.

Marlys
02-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Marlys let us sit on a couple of HOGS today & we are promised the ride tomorrow.
TipToe

PinkGirl
02-13-2008, 06:53 PM
Hi Marlys
Thanks for the cute pictures. They look so tiny
on those big bikes.

I was wondering if Tex has a passport. I know
Tippy has one from China but I'm not sure about
Tex (I haven't met him yet). He'll need one when
they leave the States.

Marlys
02-14-2008, 10:00 AM
Andi's right!!! I just can't help showing off!!! However, I think these pictures are just precious!! And so do Tip & Tex.
Love & hugs,
Marlys, TipToe, & Tex

PinkGirl
02-14-2008, 12:29 PM
Oh Marlys - that's the spirit! A before and after picture of the kids getting into some milk and cookies.

Very, very cute - I can almost hear them letting out
a big burp! It looks like they were quite neat with
their little snack - left the crumbs on the plate, no
milk mustaches - very cute pictures. And like good
little kids they finished all of their milk.

I always knew Tiptoe would be a nice house
guest. It's just nice to actually see the proof.

Thanks.

Marlys
02-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Well, here are the last pictures I will have of the kids. I will be sending them on this afternoon and we are sure going to miss them. They got their ride on the Harley although you can't see Tex in the pictures. They had a great time and I think Ed, did too. He is the Sober Rider.
Love & hugs,
Marlys, TipToe, & Tex

Andrea Barnett Budin
02-14-2008, 02:53 PM
I'D RECOGNIZE TIP'S TAIL ANYWHERE. HOW ADORABLE! YOU'RE A WONDERFUL HOSTESS MARYLS. THANKS FOR CARING FOR OUR BABES. MAY THEY LEAVE HAPPY HEALING ENERGY BOUNCING AROUND YOUR HOME FOR A LONG TIME TO COME...

Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/2b0000025e/06

PinkGirl
02-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Marlys, thank you so much for hosting the
kids. I can see from the pictures that they
had a great time. Also, thanks for posting
the pictures for all of us Tip/Tex fans to
see.

I know it's hard to send them on their way.
I was a nervous wreck until I knew that Tiptoe
had safely arrived in Boca Raton. I had visions
of her stuck at the border, going through customs,
not having the necessary papers ... I know that
you too will worry about them until they arrive
at Laurie's place in Ohio.

Thanks for keeping us up to date with their activities,
and I hope you aren't too sad when they leave.

Marlys
11-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Bringing this forward in case anyone would like to see the pictures of Tip & Tex's adventure in Idaho. There are several more theads in this section about their visits to others on this site.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

notamrnpsn
11-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Thanks for bringing this up. I often think of them and wonder if they are still travelling? Also has anyone heard from Pink girl? Jeanette