PDA

View Full Version : Thank you all so much

wennydog
01-29-2008, 11:53 PM
Thank you all so much for joining Marie on Wed night to pray for Pat and I.We are going through a very hard time right now and I appreciate everyone being so giving and kind especially knowing that many of you are also suffering the devastation that cancer can bring. Pat's favorite ice cream is vanilla bean always with a chocolate surprise on the side. Pat has fought a long , hard admirable battle but I am afraid that her body just can't take anymore. She sometimes still has that gleam in her eyes that lets me know that she is still there but mostly now I believe she is suffering. My hope is that she will soon go to a place where there is no pain or suffering , only peace and that I will survive this loss and always live a life in her honor.Thank you again for your love and kindness.
Sincerely Donna ( wennydog) in Birmingham

Pat Bailey 55 yo
2001 DX DCIS, mastectomy & reconn
2003 dx mets to lungs, double thoracotomy for bx, herceptin, navelbene,carbpl,
2005chest wall reoccurrance, rads, repeat herceptin, navelbene,carbopl
2006more mets to chest wall, axillary and rt neck lymph system, Taxotere, herceptin
x 2 treatments, inflammtion to lungs,pneumonia, stop taxotere , rads
2007disease progression to small intestine, rt. axilla, lungs,epirub,5FU,cytoxan x 2 tx
disease halted but counts so low and so weak that chemo stopped.
July2007 disease progression, given 3 weeks to live. Began herceptin, doxorubicin
2 weeks later ready to leave hopitaland ambulatory with assistance. 1 week at home then
signs of lymphedema and epidermal skin rash returning. #2 dose of doxil given with no response.
Gemzar started while back in hospital with slow positive response. Back home but terrible weakness and stomatitis.
Stop doxil. Start Gemzar, tykerb and herceptin on 8/21/07
9/12/07 Diarrhea too devestating, Tykerb stopped. Gemzar every week still keeping cancer signs away.
11/07 Pat falls at home after trying to get up by herself. Hospital, home after a week and a half. Gemzar side effects- weakness too much.
11/07 One dose of Ixempra. Pat was very sick and weak with no quality time between doses. 12/10/07 Decision to stop all chemo. Continue Herceptin
Doctor says 1-2 months.<!-- / message --><!-- / message --><!-- / message --><!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

tousled1
01-30-2008, 06:43 AM
Donna,

Your post brought tears to my eyes. I can only imagine the pain you are feeling know. Pat is so fortunate to have such a loving, caring partner by her side. You can be proud of Pat and the battle she waged over this devasting disease. Wishing you both peace.

Mary Anne in TX
01-30-2008, 09:49 AM
I wonder often what takes the most courage, the doing or the watching. For me, I think the watching and not being able to change things is harder. Donna, the faithfulness of your love has touched us all. Thank you for sharing with us and for loving so completely. May God bless you richly, ma

chrisy
01-30-2008, 11:02 AM
I cannot say it any better than Mary Anne. You are both wrapped in loving prayers.

goops
01-30-2008, 11:57 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with both you - Pat is lucky to have such a loving partner at her side.

WomanofSteel
01-30-2008, 12:54 PM
God bless you for your love and support for your partner. I know this is a difficult time for you both. May peace be with you.

BonnieR
01-30-2008, 01:27 PM
God bless you both. What else can I say.......

Mary Jo
01-30-2008, 02:30 PM
Asking God to hold you both close and to comfort you with His peace. I'm so sorry for what you are going through. Tonight we will be gathering together to pray for you both. May you feel the love from each us as we pray.

Peace be with you...............

Mary Jo

dhealey
01-30-2008, 04:06 PM
God Bless you both and may God wrap his loving arms tightly around you both and bring you the peace you deserve.

Bill
01-30-2008, 05:12 PM
May God give you both Peace and comfort during this tremendously difficult time. He will give you the strength you need. Love, Bill

Lolly
01-30-2008, 05:21 PM
Donna and Pat, you will remain in my thoughts and prayers as you travel this road. I hope and pray that Pat can remain comfortable and you gather strength from the prayers of those who love and care about you both.

<3 Lolly

Faith in Him
01-30-2008, 05:30 PM
Praying for peace and God's everlasting love to surround both of you.

Joan M
01-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Donna, May you and Pat find peace in God's love at this difficult time. Joan

Soccermom
01-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Donna and Pat ,I too am sending powerful prayers of peace and comfort to you both.
Know that you are both in my heart tonight.

Marcia

TSund
01-30-2008, 10:54 PM
Donna and Pat,

You already know how I feel from my private messages to you. I just had to add that the world is truly a better place for having all of the supportive souls on this board in it. I have tears from your message, but also from seeing the stream of support from so many. It means so much, especially to those who have not always had the support of the community at large. Love is indeed what makes the world go round. May their love and your own cushion you both.

Many hugs,

Terri