PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Abraxane Or Gemzar Dose

Lida
01-27-2008, 02:28 PM
Hi her2 club members,
I appreciate all the responseS and opinions you exchange with me. It helps to communicate with others who understand and help each other. I will be starting weekly Abraxane/Lapatinib or weekly Gemzar/Herceptin in a few days. (depending on insurance) I was wondering if anyone who took Abraxane or Gemzar weekly (after prior chemos)can tell me what DOSE they were given AND your approximate height and weight if you don't mind). I am sorry to ask but I am very concerned about overdose! I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. Lida

Chelee
01-27-2008, 03:59 PM
This might not be of much help to you but my Mother had advanced lung cancer. I was very concerned about her on chemo due to other health issues and her age. (77) But I can tell you she was on Gemzar and did great. She didn't even lose her hair. She had done Carbo, Traceva and a few others...but the Gemzar was one of the easiest to her. So I would imagine Gemzar and herceptin wouldn't be too bad. I can't speak for the other combo...but as you know the others will all chime in and help you out. Hang in there.

Chelee

tousled1
01-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Lida,

If I'm not mistaken chemo dose is based on a person's body weight. So therefore every woman would have a dose that is customized for her.