PDA

View Full Version : I have got the scan result and all is good..

fullofbeans
01-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Dear all

I got the result of my CT yesterday..and I am still a NED (thank you, thank you, thank you), nothing could be seen from the CT chest/abs..

When I got the result yesterday and came back home I could only do one thing: go to bed, I was so relieved. Now I can continued to do all the things I wanted to do over the next few months, that is great. I tell you what, life has become simple to me now, well.. most of the time

Thank you all so much for your kind words.

PS: they agreed to scan me next in 4/5 months, so I won't have to beg, also I would have now been in remission for a year now since my last liver tumour was visible on a scan..

Belinda
01-25-2008, 07:51 PM
I am so so pleased for you - let this thie the first of a long lifetime of clear scans - Bx

Faith in Him
01-25-2008, 08:08 PM
That is such wonderful news. Wishing you a wonderful sleep tonight and continued health for a long, long time.

tousled1
01-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Wonderful news that I'm sure you're releived to hear. In addition, I see you already have scans scheduled in 4/5 months. Continue with NED!

Bill
01-25-2008, 09:56 PM
Good News, Beans! You sleep well, tonight and all nights from now on. The arms of God are wrapped around you. Love, Bill

kk1
01-26-2008, 08:39 AM
Yahoo! you made my morning....now I can go enjoy my sail. Doors open for another visit anytime.

EstherO
01-26-2008, 08:57 AM
Hello ladies - this is my first time on line info.
I had lumpectomy 1998 - no chemo/radiation -my husband very ill. bc came back 2001 - mastectomy/reconstruction with chemo. Summer 2007 recurrence - not in breast but on the axilla/armpit - unbearable pain. 5 drs could decide what first - chemo radiation or anti estrogen therapy. Went with chemo with herceptin - just finished taxol - but I have a ? re herceptin. Original HER2 came back negative - but I heard re FISH testing - and it came back BORDERLINE Her2+. Due to trials done on borderline I decided to include herceptin. Now I was told to continue with herceptin for another 9 months - evry 3 weeks. I have light palpitation and a once it showed irregular heart bit - but then it went away. I will getting a repeat MRI/PET SCAN hopefully the tumor is not there - cause it was not operable back then cause it had adhered to the chest wall. I just found out a hv slight lession on kidney - hopefully is nothing.
If anyone has some feedback on above I will greatly appreciated.
Esther

Mary Jo
01-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Dear "Beans"
My heart rejoices with yours. Oh give thanks..........http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif

Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite.http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon12.gif

Mary Jo

fullofbeans
01-26-2008, 02:25 PM
Thank you all so much I really feel like I have a little family accross the pond.

I am so glad that i got to know some of you during my visits to Seattle UW it brings me even closer..in some ways you are the one that I can rely the most on in terms of understanding medically and spiritually what it feels like and what to expect..

Very grateful indeed for this site.

caya
01-26-2008, 03:00 PM
Great news FOB - thanks for posting, we LOVE to hear things like ALL IS GOOD, and NED.

Wishing you many more years of NED.

all the best,
caya

Chelee
01-26-2008, 11:46 PM
fullofbeans, That is fantastic news! I know the relief you must of felt. Here's to you staying NED for at least another 50 plus years.

Enjoy!

Chelee

AlaskaAngel
01-27-2008, 12:19 PM
Happy New Year FOB! Throw out the calendar and get busy with all the things that you are so capable of doing and enjoying -- I think your list would be fascinating! I was betting you'd be able to make a difference with having more scanning once they actually talked with you in person. You just keep thinking your way through each roadblock the way you have ever since diagnosis!

Happily,

AlaskaAngel

Kim in CA
01-27-2008, 02:24 PM
I'm very happy for you. Gotta love that NED!

Kim

chrisy
01-27-2008, 04:19 PM
YAY!!! I'll bet you slept well that night. Thanks for sharing your good news

harrie
01-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Awesome news FullofBeans!!! We are all cheering for you!!!!! Way to go!!!!
Harrie

Vanessa
01-27-2008, 10:36 PM
CONGRATULATIONS on your clean scan!

Missyw
01-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Hi Seattle buddy,

So happy to hear great news. I too am still NED and praying like crazy. I think of you often and will keep you in my prayers!!

Missy

Joan M
01-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Great news!

Sherryg683
01-28-2008, 07:32 PM
That is such good news! There's nothing like getting a clear scan. I have been 2 years now NED with my lung mets. It is so nerve wrecking having the scans done but it gives you peace of mind afterwards when it's good. I usually start having anxiety attacks a week before scan time. I too continue to get scans done, now they say every 6 months (if I can go that long without freaking). Have a good nap and then go out and celebrate. ..sherryg

suzan w
01-29-2008, 02:27 PM
Hey, Beans!!! That is indeed great news!!! Here's a little "toast" to you!!!