PDA

View Full Version : Update on Mri and Ct chest scan

nitewind
01-25-2008, 12:01 PM
I got home from the scan about two hours ago and my pcp just called me. Really gave me a scare when I heard his voice, I actually said, "ut oh, this can't be good". He said it's not neccessarily bad news. The Mri came back clean (yay) nothing at all unusual, so he's sure the vision problems and headaches are ocular migraines. The Ct scan showed something in the upper lobe of the right lung, couldn't be sure if it's just scarring, either from Pneumonia or from so many radiation treatments in that general area. He is going to call my oncologist and see how he wants to proceed. His opinion is to wait for a month and do another scan and see if there are any changes. Anyway, that's what I know for now, thank you for your prayers and good thoughts, I'm thanking God for the good MRI. I was really worried. Let's just hope for continued good news with the lung.
Love you all

chrisy
01-25-2008, 12:05 PM
MIGRAINES.....THANK GOD!

only a bc survivor would say that!

lilyecuadorian
01-25-2008, 12:11 PM
great!!!! happy for you !!!

Believe51
01-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Although I would never wish migraines on anyone, THIS IS NOT THE CASE!! Lots of Love and wishes that all comes out well!! Keep us posted Lovey>>Believe51

Mary Anne in TX
01-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Wonderful! Thank you for sharing the good...and we'll just keep praying the rest is good too!

DonnaD
01-25-2008, 03:02 PM
Nitewind,
So glad you got great news.

Just wanted to share with you I have several nodules in my left lung from radiation. Had a CT in Nov. and they were found. Had a follow up scan in Jan and they were exactly the same. Rad. onc is sure it is from radiation and they will be with me for the rest of my life. I bet it is the same for you.
Try to relax.

Isn't it great to be done with treatment!

Hugs,
Donna

MJo
01-25-2008, 03:08 PM
I am so glad you have migraines. Funny, huh! I have a lung nodule too. These scans show every little thing. Too much information for a cancer survivor! I understand that little benign specs can also show up on brain MRIs! I think I will put up a poster of Alfred E Neumann from MAD Magazine: What, me worry?

tousled1
01-25-2008, 03:37 PM
Susan,

Sounds like good news all around! It's great that your PCP called you so you didn't have to worry all weekend. As for the lung nodule it's probably just from radiation.