PDA

View Full Version : major pressure in head???

murph
01-22-2008, 09:36 AM
Hello Everyone,

I have been having alot of pressure in the back of my head, along with some pain. It has been going on for a little over 2 wks. I am having it in the middle of the night along with waking up. I just recently went to herceptin every 2 wks.(headaches started a few days before the change from 3 wks--lots of joint pain) I am not due to see the dr. for another 4 wks, tho I have a call into him today. I surgically went into menopause in late Oct.(taking 2.5 Femora) & would occasionally have a headache here and there, but not with the pressure or frequency as I am having right now. I am scheduled for my bi-lat reconstruction on Feb. 14th, and I am hoping all is settled down by then. If anyone has had similar situation, please respond. (I am feeling a little anxious right now) Hugs to everyone!!!!

Mary Jo
01-22-2008, 09:45 AM
Hello,

When I have sinus issues that is exactly where my pain and pressure is. Ouch! Herceptin causes a lot of sinus problems for people and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if that was what is happening.

Hugs and Peace,

Mary Jo

Mary Anne in TX
01-22-2008, 09:56 AM
HI Pam!
I had the same type of pain that turned out to be the result of high blood pressure. I was in a panic and did have the brain MRI (needed to do that anyway) but the blood pressure meds took care of it right away and has continued to do so. Good luck on your upcoming procedure! ma

Lolly
01-22-2008, 05:54 PM
Hi Pam; it is probably just the Herceptin, but it's a good idea to have it checked out by asking for a Brain MRI, then you'll know for sure. Any head symptoms must always be checked, it's one of the "side effects" of having BC, especially HER2+ BC.
I always seem to have headaches each year when it's time for my annual MRI; probably stress, lol!
<3 Lolly