PDA

View Full Version : Tykerb+what, after Tykerb+Xeloda stops working?

hutchibk
01-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Hi everyone, sorry if it's already been asked, but I can't keep track... Has anyone out there already had Tykerb+Xeloda, and then after Xeloda 'timed out', moved on to Tykerb+a different chemo? If so, how are you doing?

Thanks!

(I also posted the same question under the Tykerb/Herceptin thread, but you can answer on either one... thanks)

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

hutchibk
01-21-2008, 07:26 PM
And not to make anyone worry - it's not for me! I'm still rocking along on T/X, I'm asking for a friend who is seeing new micro activity.

Vanessa
01-23-2008, 06:23 PM
I never did tykerb & zeloda. But I am on abraxzane, tykerb and herceptin. I an being scheduled for an MRI and petscan, probably next week. I will keep you posted if this combo is working.

Jean
01-23-2008, 07:55 PM
Vanessa,
Wishing you all the best for next week scans!

Blessings to you!
Jean

jones7676
01-23-2008, 08:24 PM
The Tykerb/Xeloda combo quit working for me. I was switched to Tykerb/Abraxane. I receive Abraxane every week for 3 weeks and then have a week off. After 2 rounds of treatment they gave me a pet scan. There was absolutely no activity showing in my lung/nodes or bone mets. This is the 1st time since I've been stage 4 that I had absolutely no activity (in the past I always had a small amount of residual). Tomorrow I will receive the 3rd treatment of cycle 3. The big question is how many treatments should I receive - which is to be discussed tomorrow. Also, I have a MRI scheduled in March to check for brain mets and I am hoping that is clean. But, as far as my body goes, this treatment is working excellent.

Lolly
01-23-2008, 10:07 PM
I had Tykerb/Abraxane for 4 months with moderate success, then progression the last month so stopped both and went back on Herceptin/combos until Dec. Now off Herceptin and on Carbo/Avastin/Taxol which is starting to knock things back.

<3 Lolly

hutchibk
01-24-2008, 07:56 PM
Thanks everybody! VERY helpful!