PDA

View Full Version : Tykerb + what, after Tykerb/Xeloda

hutchibk
01-21-2008, 07:22 PM
Hi everyone, sorry if it's already been asked, but I can't keep track... Has anyone out there already had Tykerb+Xeloda, and then after Xeloda 'timed out', moved on to Tykerb+a different chemo? If so, how are you doing?

Thanks!

hutchibk
01-21-2008, 07:26 PM
And not to make anyone worry - it's not for me! I'm still rocking along on T/X, I'm asking for a friend who is seeing new micro activity.

Lolly
01-21-2008, 11:40 PM
Brenda, I never had Xeloda with Tykerb as I had just finished a year of Xeloda, so we went with Tykerb/Abraxane. I saw good response for a couple of months, then stable, then progression. Stopped after 4 months and on to new regimen. But, a lot depends on your friends stage of disease and level of tumor burden. For me being Stage IV with somewhat resistant disease makes things more dicey. Hope others respond.

<3 Lolly

Stephanie
01-22-2008, 08:11 PM
My mom will be starting Taxol/Tykerb this week. Will keep you posted on her response.

hutchibk
01-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Steph, did she already do Tykerb/Xeloda? and is now moving on to Tykerb/Taxol?

Stephanie
01-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Yes, she did t/x. She had a mixed response to it (some spots progressed, others resolved) and the onc switched her to Gemzar/Herceptin at that point. She'd been on x/h for about a year prior to that with good response, so it's probably the xeloda that stopped working.

Now the onc is saying she probably took her off of the Tykerb prematurely. She progressed again on Gemzar/Herceptin. She hasn't had Taxol in about 3 years, so that's why we chose it to try with the Tykerb.

MichelleH
01-24-2008, 06:55 AM
I was on Tykerb/Xeloda for 3 months before it quit working(best 3 months of 2007!). Now I am on Xeloda/Avastin. I wont see scans for another 3 wks, so don't know how well it's working yet, but do not have bone or liver pain anymore. So maybe that a good sign.

Love,
Michelle

hutchibk
01-24-2008, 08:09 PM
Thanks everyone, your answers and experiences have been tremendously helpful!

doh2pa
01-27-2008, 07:09 AM
Hey Brenda,

Glad to see you are still hanging strong with T/X. When I failed T/X recently my onc put me on Navilbene/Herceptin, which seems to be going pretty well. However, we always talk about next steps and he thinks once I am done with this he will put me on maintenance Tykerb and Herceptin. He's hoping more data comes out on this at ASCO to help us see the way clear. Seems like there are many oncs trying to think out of the box on this one.