PDA

View Full Version : Chrisy - how was treatment today??

StephN
01-17-2008, 07:53 PM
What news??
Your team sure kept you waiting. Hopefully Tiptoe and friend helped distract you from a mighty case of scanxiety.

Just keep thinking back to that nice warm pool and the Aqua Zen treatment. I need to find someone around here who can give that!

PinkGirl
01-18-2008, 08:52 AM
Hi Chrisy

I've been thinking about you the last few days
and wondering how you are doing.

Hope the kids behaved themselves in the big
hospital.

Keep us posted on how you are doing. We're
all thinking of you and sending good wishes, prayers
and good vibes your way.

Sheila
01-18-2008, 09:30 AM
Chrissy............thinking of you and hoping you got good news yesterday....we want to see hiking pics of you and Tip and Tex!

chrisy
01-18-2008, 09:56 AM
that there is some progression. They STILL don't think the scan reports make sense, but although they can't figure it all out, there is enough evidence of progression that a change is warranted. It seems to be still just in the liver which is good, and my nurse practitioner noted that the doctor was "unimpressed with the amount of cancer" which is also good!

So I was not treated yesterday and am off the Avastin/Tykerb trial. No more bloody nose, high B/P and pooterookies for me, for now anyway. I'll post more info on a new thread.

By the way, those elevated liver enzymes that had me worried last time are all completely normal, even better than the labs before the holidays. So I'm going to attribute it to all that holiday mulled wine and pizza.

Dr. Hope lived up to her name again, and I felt much better afterwards even without any treatment! Tip and Tex came with me and were relieved at the lab results and excited about the new plan. Especially Tiptoe.

Julie2
01-18-2008, 10:21 AM
Chrisy,

Thinking about you and wishing a powerful regimen on your way to smash the cancer cells out.

Julie

Jean
01-18-2008, 10:41 AM
Hi Chrisy,
You sound so "Powerful" good for you. Soon enough you will begin your new treatment.

You know that you are in my prayers and I am praying that your new treatment will destroy those cells.....once and for all.

Sending you love,
Jean

PinkGirl
01-18-2008, 01:54 PM
Hi Chrisy

Thanks for the update. You sound so good.

It is nice to learn that you have a Dr. Hope. Maybe
this should be in a new Thread, but I once had a
surgeon named Dr. Hack, a chiropractor named
Dr. Kramp, and my pathology was done at the
Dr. Peter Pan Laboratory.......really!!

Stay strong - I know with the help of the two
kids, you will find what you need in order to deal with
this and succeed.

Lolly
01-18-2008, 02:28 PM
Chrisy, darn it! But I am sure your Dr. Hope will get you on a new combo pronto. Maybe Ixempra will be an option; my onc is very excited about the data and it will probably be in my future.
Glad you're feeling better, a chemo break can be a good thing!

<3 Lolly