PDA

View Full Version : Bill

BonnieR
01-14-2008, 11:56 PM
I just wanted to say that I have noticed Bill has been posting often and is always so supportive and thoughtful. It is wonderful to have such an encouraging voice on the sidelines. Nikki would be proud. My husband is also a "Bill". I think he would do the same.

Chelee
01-15-2008, 12:52 AM
Bonnie, I must agree with you. I think its nice to have another man on here, and one that is so supportive as you mentioned. Nikki was one very lucky women to have such an awesome man by her side. His posts and words speaks volumes about him. What a major bonus for the board...although I'm so sorry he landed here for the obvious reasons. That being said...thanks so much Bill for sticking around and showing such support to us women that need it. Plus its always nice to have a mans opinion. :)

Chelee

Mary Jo
01-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Can I chime in too???????????http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif Bill is the best. Very supportive. He knows.....He's experienced this disease and empathy, love and encouragement radiate from his posts. Yes, Bill, your wife was truly a Blessed woman. Being blessed in this life with a "soul" mate is truly one of life's greatest blessing.

My husband's name in not Bill.....It is Mark...............but he's the best also. Super supportive, loving and loves me completely. What more is there???????

Thanks Bill....continue to encourage and love..................it's what life is all about.

Mary Jo

LOPSIDED
01-15-2008, 03:24 PM
I Enjoy Seeing Bill's Post. My Boyfriend Is Supportive But He Does Not Like Me Getting On The Computer And Visiting This Website. I Try To Explain To Him That It Gives Me Hope And Is A Great Support. He Just Doesn't Get It.

kcherub
01-15-2008, 03:40 PM
On another board today, there was a MASSIVE amount of "drama" about men posting there. Really--it went on for six pages. I wanted to give my two cents, but kept my mouth shut. This thread is EXACTLY why I spend my time here...

NO matter who has this awful thing, it affects everyone who loves, cares and is a part of what we are all going through. I must not be very "shy", but if my deepest emotions, thoughts and fears help one person out there to get through another day of all of this, go ahead and read!

I love it that there are men who post and respond here. Look at Joe--would this site run as well as it does without him? I think not.

Here's to the men who love the women who are battling this, and to the men who are fighting as well.

Hugs!

Jean
01-15-2008, 04:27 PM
Krista,
Well said...

Regards,
Jean

hutchibk
01-15-2008, 04:38 PM
I think Bill might say that we help him as much or more than he helps us, but for me personally, I would disagree. I feel so cozy and protected that Bill has adopted us and has allowed us to adopt him. And Nikki obviously channels through to stay in touch. I truly appreciate the contributions of the small contingent of men who are here in support of us and the even smaller contingent who might be actual B/C Her2 survivors, who participate... whether directly or through a significant other (Marie/Ed come to mind). This is not a 'female' disease, it is a human disease that affects both genders deeply. I thank Joe, Bill, RB, etc for their love, info and support and hope that more will join us as time goes on!

Bill
01-15-2008, 05:24 PM
Wow, I don't really know what to say. Thanks Bonnie and everyone else for your wonderful uplifting words. Right now I'm overcome with emotion and speechless. You are all so wonderful and caring and strong. Thanks for welcoming me the way you have. I think about you guys alot, and pray for you alot, thanks for letting me be a part of your family. Thanks everyone. Love, Bill

tousled1
01-15-2008, 06:28 PM
I think it's wonderful that Bill posts. Many times we just need to hear/see things from a man's point of view. Bill had gone through so much with Nikki that he has a wealth of information to offer to all of us. Nikki was so blessed to have such a caring husband.

Gerri
01-15-2008, 07:16 PM
Bill,,,,,,

Your compassion and kindness are evident with each and every post. I am so glad you have taken an active role on this board.

Keep the comments (and commas) coming!

All my best,