PDA

View Full Version : Advice on pelvic pain?

Nora B.
01-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Been done with my treatments for nearly a year (finished Herc 4/07). Have become a bit of a hypochondriac when I get unexplained aches and pains, naturally... Wondering if anyone else has experienced pelvic pain. I've had this dull ache on the lower right side of my pelvis for about a month, gradually gotten worse so now it's a pretty constant low-grade pain. Feels sort of like a UTI but it's only on one side and it doesn't hurt when I pee. PCP ruled out UTI and doesn't think it's my ovaries - she insists the pain is too low to be my ovaries, but I wonder if the pain could radiate down? She finally ordered an x-ray and ultrasound today, so now I'm waiting for those results. She keeps insisting it must be muscular because "there isn't anything else down there", but the pain doesn't get worse when I exercise or get better when I don't, and it's there in the morning when I wake up. Any ideas? Can anyone who's had trouble with their ovaries describe what it feels like?

kcherub
01-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Nora,

I had this pain last month, and it did turn out to be an ovarian cyst. They are actually pretty low...I intially thought it was my "moving" pain until it got pretty bad.

When will you get your US results? I am having the same pain again this week, on the same side. If it doesn't go away, I am going to ask for an US to make sure that cyst is gone, and hasn't gone awry. :)

Take care,
Krista