PDA

View Full Version : Marker jump

HavahJ
01-14-2008, 01:26 PM
Has anyone had their CA27,29 jump 480 points in 4 weeks?

sally
01-14-2008, 01:50 PM
I don't know alot about markers but I do know that mine went up to the 800's innthe past few months. It has come down in the 600's this past week. Sally

chrisy
01-14-2008, 02:58 PM
Havaj,

I never had that marker rise at all - even when dx with extensive liver mets. At least you seem to have a reliable indicator there, which is good. I know it doesn't seem that way.

My rockstar oncologist does not use markers for me; she relies on scans because, in her words, "the proof is in the pudding". How that relates to bc, I'm not sure...but in the context of what you already KNOW is going on with the lesions in your liver, your tumor markers going up is just another data point. Think of it as more information, not more cancer.

In the meantime, keep your eye on the goal - to rid your body of these mets - which can happen as you have heard from many on this board.

I haven't been keeping up on the board lately, so I don't know what treatment plan you've decided on, but now knowing that marker is valid for you is good because you may have a good tool to measure your response to treatment, along with maybe the Her2serum test.

Sorry about that run on sentence. I seem to have plenty of commas but am short on periods.

Hang in there,
Chris

Believe51
01-17-2008, 11:36 AM
Ed's markers did rise drastically (has inflammatory bc) like yours are and I have a best friend just tell me she has had her third reoccurance, her numbers are 9,000!! Edna's numbers rose rather quickly too, pretty disgusting if you ask me. Hope this helps you. Best of luck and keep us posted>>Believe51

SoCalGal
01-17-2008, 11:48 AM
Chris you made me laugh out loud. We should team up - me with no comma key (comma) you with no period.

Regarding markers...Dr Conklin says that cancer "puts" more markers into the blood stream sometimes and that doesn't necessarily mean more cancer - it can just mean more cancer markers. I will say that it would be good for us all to have LOW markers.

Best (comma)
Flori