PDA

View Full Version : A Reason to SMILE through all of this

Sheila
01-10-2008, 04:41 PM
Life does get better , my hair is returning...still falling out, and gray but it is visible. Ahhhh the little things that make us smile and rejoice....nothing like having TipToe and Tex at treatment with me today...my nurse Tiff loved them! Taxol and Herceptin coming up on Tap

mslinda
01-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Sheila, you are so beautiful. Tiptoe and Tex are so cute. Be well.
Linda

LAURIE
01-10-2008, 04:54 PM
nice pic. Is that a wet parking lot behind you or a pond? How nice you can see outside during treatment.

chrisy
01-10-2008, 05:18 PM
Dear Sheila,
To have hair coming and going at the same time...you are SO talented!

When will you start spiking it and coloring it pink?

madubois63
01-10-2008, 05:23 PM
So glad your in good spirits and that you have company!! Very nice picture. I love a nurse that smiles......

mimiflower07
01-10-2008, 05:28 PM
sheila you look so wonderful...wishing you well.love your new port..lol
suzanne

Carolyns
01-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Sheila,

It is so great to hear from you and the added bonus is the picture. You look BEAUTIFUL. I guess I need to glam up a bit to go to chemo. I think your hair looks great too.

Thanks for posting and for the new pictures.

Carolyn

Mary Jo
01-10-2008, 05:37 PM
I loved the picture. Thanks so much for sharing. It makes you all "real" to me when I see updated pics from time to time. Like I know you and get to see you a long the way. You know what I mean? Oh well, I know what I mean.

Beautiful, beautiful!!! It made me smile to see you looking so beautiful.http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif

Mary Jo

PinkGirl
01-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Hi Sheila

You look great in that picture - not at all like a skunk!!! In fact, I remember having that exact same hair style. I'm glad the kids were with you for your treatment. I hope they behaved themselves.

TriciaK
01-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Shiela, I love the picture. I think we should all post more "every-day" type pictures so we can keep up to date on each other. I don't know exactly how to do it, but glad some of you know how. Aren't oncology nurses wonderful? They can't possibly pay them enough for all the love and caring and empathy they give to all of us. I had some blood tests and my port flushed today in the chemo room and thought again how wonderful these nurses are. I have never seen one cross or impatient no matter what. Thank you for sharing your picture---you look great! Hugs, Tricia

hermiracles
01-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Sheila - you look gorgeous! Tiptoe & Tex look pretty groovey too! http://her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon12.gif LOL! Thanks for sharing.

Blessings
Hermiracles

tousled1
01-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Sheila,

You look great! I'm jealous as you have more hair than I do. I'm enjoying the little hair I have until I start back up with the taxol/Carboplatin.

Jean
01-11-2008, 12:20 AM
Sheila,
Complete your day, take Tip Toe out with you to buy a new pair of shoes!

Hugs,
Jean

Chelee
01-11-2008, 12:51 AM
Shelia, So it sounds like your hair is confused...doesn't know if its suppose to be coming or going? Hey...at least while its thinking about it I must say it covers your head rather well! It looks great. :)

Thats such a nice picture to share... it was also so sweet of you to let TipToe & Tex join in on all the fun. I'm sure they love getting out of the house and spending as much time with you as possible. I can see they are both smiling. I hope Tip & Tex didn't cause you any trouble while you were there. :)

Chelee

tricia keegan
01-11-2008, 01:53 AM
Sheila what a cute picture with Tip and Tex..you all look fabulous!
Hope the hair makes up it's mind soon though!!

Roz
01-11-2008, 01:54 AM
Hey Sheila! Keep on smilin'.
Warm Regards
Roz

dhealey
01-11-2008, 05:34 AM
Sheila, You look beautiful! Keep on smiling! Great picture.

Believe51
01-11-2008, 06:26 AM
You look and sound wonderful, truely you have made my day start with smiles and warm thoughts. Thanks for sharing>>Believe51

Kimberly Lewis
01-11-2008, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the pics! For some reason I have been letting my hair go grey and cutting it short... We could be twins right now...

Emelie
01-11-2008, 07:32 AM
As Billy Crystal used to say, "You Look Marvelous". Hang in there lady and know that we are all in this thing together.
I am off for my first job interview since my dx and moving to Color. A huge step back to a normal way of life.
Have a great weekend!
Emelie

Emelie
01-11-2008, 07:34 AM
As Billy Crystal used to say, "You Look Marvelous". Hang in there lady and know that we are all in this thing together.
I am off for my first job interview since my dx and moving to Colo. A huge step forward to a normal way of life.
Have a great weekend!
Emelie

LOPSIDED
01-11-2008, 08:06 AM
Sheila,

I Always Look Forward To Reading Any Posts By You, You Are Always Encouraging And Have Some Kind Words For Everyone. I Know That You Have Been Thru A Lot, And I Just Want You To Know How Much You Help Me By Sharing Your Advice Or Comments. You Look Great.

caya
01-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Yes Sheila - You look Mahvelous!! Keep the faith...

all the best
caya

Patrice
01-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Sheila, you are beautiful inside & out!
Patrice

IRENE FROM TAMPA
01-11-2008, 04:54 PM
How in the world are you managing to keep it while on Taxol.

I just had my third treatment of Taxotere and keep waiting for mine to fall but not yet. I think since we split the Taxotere into thirds it will take a little longer to go, but I am sure it will.

Love the pic and you look great.

Oh good news (if even a small good news) but my blood pressure was 120/80 today which is great. I am still taking the bp meds while on the Avastin. Still fighting off a sinus thingy which has made me feel like crap and so tired. Hope to get over this soon.

You take care my friend.