PDA

View Full Version : Daughter of my friend

sassy
01-10-2008, 01:08 PM
One of my friends and co-workers just came in to see me. Her 18 year old daughter came to her with knots under her arm. Katherine took her to the doctor today, who discovered swollen lymph nodes under the arm and two lumps in her breast. Her daughter told her she had had the knots for a while, but just didn't tell her mother. They are sending her in tomorrow morning for a mammogram.

Katherine then told me her family history of breast cancer: one aunt died at age 18 and two more in their 30's of breast cancer. I told Katherine that at this point, you pray, go thru the testing and see where you are. Of course she is very worried.

Please keep Katherine and her daughter in your prayers. What other DX could these symptoms point to?

Thanks to all...

MJo
01-10-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm praying for this baby girl.

Believe51
01-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Done!! And I shall continue to keep her in my prayers. Tomorrow I will be saying special prayers for her mammogram to come clean.>>Believe51

caya
01-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Sassy -

Praying for B9 results for this girl. I have a daughter who is 18, this just sucks.

all the best
caya

tricia keegan
01-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Sassy my daughter's are older than this and it scare's me to think it could be bc...praying for B9!

tousled1
01-10-2008, 02:24 PM
I will keep your co-worker's daughter in my prayers. Maybe it's just an infection in the lymph nodes.

mts
01-10-2008, 02:32 PM
I had swollen lymph nodes and knots in my arm pit once... infected follicle with swelling... attributed to minor skin irritation from shaving and then clogging them with antiperspirant.
Hopefully its as mundane as mine was... but one never knows when something else may be lurking. It sounds like they are on the right track by geting some imaging done. Although dense breast tissue (if she has it) is very tricky at allowing for a proper dx. Just something more to think about.

maria

Chelee
01-10-2008, 03:16 PM
I sure hope its no more then a bad infection that can be taken care of. In the mean time I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.Chelee

lexigirl
01-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Praying for NO CANCER!!

HUgs and Prayers,
Lexi

Faith in Him
01-10-2008, 04:48 PM
I'm praying for B9 results. May her mother find comfort and peace until the results are in.

dhealey
01-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Praying for negative results for your co-worker's daughter. I have 2 daughters myself and such a strong family hx of BC, I know her agony. May God be watching over them in this stressful time.

Karen W
01-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Praying like Lexi for no cancer.

Karen

Bill
01-10-2008, 04:57 PM
Praying for good results and peace and comfort for the family. We all know how nerve-wracking waiting for test results can be. I wish we didn't, and pray that someday we won't. Love and prayers, Bill

madubois63
01-10-2008, 05:20 PM
I am so very glad she has a doctor not foolish enough to say, "It's nothing, she's too young for bc." I certainly will be praying it is not anything to be worried about, but I am very glad it is being taken seriously. Please keep us informed. It all stinks at any age, but 18 would just be really crappy...

Sheila
01-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Sassy
She will be in my prayers that it is just an inflammation, but I am so happy she is getting it checked and not brushing it off due to age...her and her Dr should be a lesson to others!!!!!

mslinda
01-10-2008, 08:14 PM
I am also praying for no cancer.

Linda

Cathya
01-10-2008, 09:05 PM
I will also be praying that this is not cancer. My daughter is 23 and in my mind I keep thinking......ok tamoxifen at 40. I can't imagine what your friend is going through. I'll pray for them....and you.

Cathy

BonnieR
01-10-2008, 11:13 PM
Praying too. Please keep us posted.

Jean
01-11-2008, 12:18 AM
Sassy,
It does sound like an infection especially the knots - could be cording.
Thank goodness they are on top of it. Please let us know how she
is...prayers are being said.

Jean

KellyA
01-11-2008, 02:43 AM
Sassy,

When I was around 29, I had a few lumps (in my breast), one of which had a cord-like thing that went into my armpit and had another "ball" or lump attached to it. It felt just like a lymph node. Anyways, they removed it and it was all one big mess- fibrocystic stuff and an adenoma. All benign. I actually had another lump removed about a year later. Same thing. My prayers will be with her family.

Love, Kelly

Patrice
01-11-2008, 04:44 PM
Sending prayers and good thoughts that it's benign.
Patrice

Lolly
01-11-2008, 05:57 PM
Sassy, I'll be thinking of your friend and her daughter. Sure hope it's something along the lines of what Kelly experienced. Please keep us posted.

<3 Lolly

sassy
01-11-2008, 10:29 PM
After the mammogram today, they determined that Elizabeth's knots were cysts along with infection. She is now on antibiotics and being monitored.
Thank you for all your prayers. Katherine and Elizabeth are lovely people who have been through a lot in the past few years and have just found stability and a happy situation. I'm so glad that bc didn't interrupt their lives.

Vanessa
01-11-2008, 10:38 PM
So relieved to hear the good news!

tousled1
01-11-2008, 10:45 PM
Sassy,

I'm so happy to hear that Elizabeth does not have breast cancer. I'm sure everyone feels like a load has been lifted from their shoulders. I'll pray that the antiobiotics kick in super fast and knock the infection out for good!

caya
01-12-2008, 06:56 AM
Sassy,

Thanks for posting this good news, especially in this case. The thought of Elizabeth having BC at this young age was making my stomache turn.

all the best,
caya

Mary Jo
01-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Oh Sassy, I'm so happy to read this wonderful news about Elizabeth. I was just gonna post and ask you how this family was doing. Now I see.

Thank God.........................

Mary Jo

Bill
01-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Oh, Thank God. Breathing a sigh of relief here. Our prayers were answered once again! Thanks for letting us know. Love, Bill

Lolly
01-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Sassy, wonderful wonderful news...a mother's prayers answered.

<3 Lolly

dhealey
01-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Thank you for posting this good news!!!!

Chelee
01-13-2008, 07:14 PM
Sassy, That is wonderful news. I bet Elizabeth & her Mother both NEVER thought they would see the day that they would be excited to hear she had just an infection. That's so much better then what it could of been. What a major relief that has to be for them. Thanks for sharing the good news.

Chelee

Sherryg683
01-14-2008, 09:34 PM
She will be in my prayers. What a scary thing for your friend and her daughter, especially considering the family history. That is why it is so important for the young ones with family history to be diligent in getting checked up. It breaks my heart to think of someone so young having to face this. Hopefully it will be nothing...sherryg

Believe51
01-17-2008, 10:41 AM
The results of her mammogram has brought a sigh of relief knowing that Elizabeth does not have breast cancer....Yessss!! Here is to her speedy recovery with her other health issues. And I too agree that it is wonderful that breast cancer did not interrupt their lives!!>>Believe51