PDA

View Full Version : herceptin/ 52 weeks

KRISS
01-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Hi ladies
I just had a herceptin treatment at 46 weeks. My next treatment is at 49. Will that be my last one that carries me to 52 or will I still have a nother one after that? I totally forgot to ask. No big deal I will go and go until he says stop but want to be prepared for the celebration dance!
Also thank you all for your prayers for my sister in law and me. You are right, her DX has brought up a lot of feelings from this time last year. I only lost a nipple and she has lost both entire breasts as many of you. I just keep thinking of how she must be feeling and thinking and the road she has just begun. I will keep you all posted on her condition as we know. In many ways I hope she will never have to visit this site and then on the other hand there are soo many good treatments out there for her2 as well as all the support and wisdom you all offer. Thanks again, you all lift me up, Kriss

Hopeful
01-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Kriss,

I think it depends on the doctor. All my tx were 3 weeks apart. 3 X 17 = 51, with 52 weeks in the year. I asked my onc at tx 17 if he considered 17 or 18 txs to = "1 year." He said he has seen both done, and there is no hard and fast rule. (He also asked me once if I knew why the standard course of tx for Herceptin was a year. I said no, and he replied, "Because they had to pick a number!"). He told me 1 infusion did not make the difference between recurrence or not, and, knowing I really wanted to finish with the txs, we stopped at 17.

Hopeful

caya
01-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Hi Kriss,

I have completed # 11 of 17 infusions, every 3 weeks, on schedule to do the happy Herceptin dance on May 8, 2008 - (but who's counting? lol)

all the best
caya