PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed. IT strikes again!

KRISS
01-08-2008, 02:58 PM
I would like to ask you all for prayers to be sent to my sister in law Eli. After spending 12 wonderful days in Hawaii together for the Holidays. We return home and the next day my brother in law informs us she is in surgery having a bi lateral mastectomy. They found 2 small IDC tumors in each breast right before Thanksgiving. The opted for the double and hope to be done with it. Node negative, but won't know any of the other particulars until the pathology comes back. So please pray for Eli and her husband and 2 children. This is very overwhelming. Thank all of you in advance, Kriss

suzan w
01-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Dear Kriss, this is indeed not the news you had hoped to hear. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Mary Jo
01-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Hi Kriss,

I'm so sorry this has happened to your sister in law. How tough this must be for you as well as unfortunately, you can TOTALLY relate to her feelings and it must resurface your feelings also from those beginning days. And then of course, your heart just ahces for her because it is so unfair...................................

You will be a wonderful mentor to her - of that I have no doubt!!!

May God's Peace surround you all,

Mary Jo

mslinda
01-08-2008, 03:44 PM
So sorry Kriss. I know this must be tough for them as well as you. I have lifted them up in prayer and will continue to do so. I have prayed for blessings for your family.

Linda

Bill
01-08-2008, 03:57 PM
So sorry to hear the bad news, Kriss. I'm praying that God gives you and your family strength and comfort. Thoughts and prayers, Bill

kareneg
01-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Dear Kriss,
Eli has my prayers and she is in my thoughts. I hope all of her test come back clean and she never has to deal with breast cancer again. All my best.

Jean
01-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Ugh, I am sorry to hear your news Kriss,
but of course will include Eli in my prayers.
Please let us know how she is.

Kind Regards,
jean

Becky
01-08-2008, 05:59 PM
I will be thinking of Eli and of you. I know you will be a good resource for her. How are you holding up with her diagnosis? Sometimes it is not as easy as it seems even though you are done with your treatment, the memories come back when someone so close to you is diagnosed.

I will be thinking of you too.

DonnaD
01-08-2008, 06:02 PM
Kriss,
We must get control of this disease! Just said a prayer for Eli. May this be the last she has to deal with BC.

Remember the good times in Hawaii. There will be many more for your family.

Donna

duga35
01-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Hi Kriss, I never had the chance to speak to you before because I am a newbie.
You and your family are certainly in my prayers, and I wish you all the best.

God bless you all,

Doug

Mary Anne in TX
01-09-2008, 04:35 AM
Kriss, I'm so very sorry for your news about Eli! I'll pray for her and for her family who must "walk this walk" with her. Good thing she has a "library of information and support" in you. Please let us know what is happening. And most of all, take good care of YOU! ma

dhealey
01-09-2008, 05:24 AM
Kriss, I am so sorry to hear about your sister-inlaw. I will be praying for the both of you. God Bless.

goops
01-09-2008, 06:08 AM
I am sorry to hear of your sister in law - my prayers are with her and you.

Believe51
01-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Prayers for Eli and her family, so sorry whenever I hear of a new person getting diagnosed with cancer it is heartbreaking. Thinking about you also and sending extra prayers and thoughts your way. Stay strong Friend>>Believe51

doh2pa
01-09-2008, 10:11 AM
Prayers coming your way Kriss. Please let us know how she is doing.

nitewind
01-09-2008, 10:49 AM
Kriss, Eli and your entire family are in my prayers. Praying for a great report and she'll be finished with this awful disease.
Hugs to you and Eli

WomanofSteel
01-09-2008, 11:48 AM
definitely will say a special one.

tousled1
01-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Kriss,

Eli will be in my prayers along with you. This must be hard on you especially since you're just coming to the end of your treatment. Prayers coming your way.

Lolly
01-09-2008, 10:45 PM
Kriss, you and Eli and family are in my thoughts and prayers. I think it's so great you had that time in Hawaii together, and maybe when she's done with treatment you can celebrate with a return trip. Hugs.

<3 Lolly

KRISS
01-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Thank you Thank you Thank you Ladies for all your prayers. They were answered. We got the path report today. Node Neg. Margins clear, No her2 or hormone. The mass in one breast was fibroids. But she is still glad she had it removed. No radiation or chemo. I am so happy for her. She is doing great and spirits are high. So once again thank you all on her behalf as well as all your well wishes for me. I was a little suprised that I took it so hard. But I kept thinking back to how I felt a year ago. And did not want her to have to deal. But like I said she is doing great and is a magnificent warrior!

Mary Jo
01-11-2008, 12:55 PM
That is wonderful news Kriss. I can only imagine the elation she must feel. Oh, how she can now rest and rejoice.

Thanking God......

Mary Jo

Lolly
01-11-2008, 06:33 PM
Kriss, I'm so glad to hear the good news! What a relief.

<3 Lolly