PDA

View Full Version : Length Of Remissions After Reoccurence

LOPSIDED
01-07-2008, 09:35 PM
I Would Really Like To Hear Some Remission Stories. I Know There Are A Lot Of Us, That Have Had Reoccurence, I Would Like To Know How Long Some Of Your Remission Periods Have Lasted.

madubois63
01-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Let's see...my first relapse happened after 4 1/2 years. I achieved remission again and remained NED for 2 years and 8 months before it came back again. I've been NED from leukemia for 19 months.

SoCalGal
01-08-2008, 10:03 AM
first remission from '96 thru '2002
second remission from 2003 - March of 2007 (had TINY local recurrances twice, on one spot on scar line)
Awaiting third remission.

Sueinuk
01-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Had mastectomy in 2003. Local recurrence three years later. On Herceptin now and NED.

jhandley
01-12-2008, 05:27 AM
first time 4.5 yr remission, had one spot to liver and recurrence in breast 2.5 yr ago been in remission all that time less first 9 weeks.
jackie

Sheila
01-12-2008, 07:46 AM
My first recurrence was 1 1/2 years after original diagnosis....I've been in treatment ever since....4+ years....

LOPSIDED
01-12-2008, 10:06 AM
Maybe I Will Get Another Remission Break, After My Next Chemo I Will Go For Ct Scans To See If This Treatment Is Working. If It Is Not---We Will Try Another Treatment. I Know Many Of You Are On This Same Road. What An Emotional Roller Coaster Ride This Is---------I Think My Brain Is Even Tired Today.

Andrea Barnett Budin
01-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Hi Sheila and all...

I was orig dx in July '95. Recurred Aug '98. Been in remission since May '99... Remain on Herceptin FOREVER...

I too have experienced feeling that my brain was tired, my tongue weighed 50 lbs, a truck ran over me and left in the dirt... I have my moments of fear and what ifs but mostly I remain *the captain of my Soul, the master of my Fate* (Invictus).

GOD LOVES EACH OF US AS IF THERE WERE ONLY ONE OF US. (St. Augustine)

A SMALL PERIOD OF SOLITUDE EACH DAY IS REMARKABLY HEALING. It allows you to connect w/the divinity that resides within you.

FAITH IS THE REFUSAL TO PANIC.

FAITH ISN'T BELIEVING WITHOUT PROOF. IT IS TRUSTING WITHOUT RESERVATION.

I wish all my Sisters an open heart, Universal Love, joy, harmony and personal empowerment! This all allows you to trust with confidence that you will live far into the future, my fellow Warriors. Live AS IF what you desire is already on its way to you!
Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/0201e05fca/06

Becca
01-12-2008, 04:26 PM
I went over 7 years from the original diagnosis before having a recurrence in Dec 05. Like Sheila from Illinois, I am still in treatment.

Hey, Sheila, nice new pic, and you now have hair--great!

Barbara2
01-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Becca, just currious, what was your treatment with your initial breast cancer diagnosis? Did you know you were Her2+?

Becca
01-14-2008, 10:15 AM
Barbara, I was Stage 2b, was not tested for Her2+ (it just was not routinely done over 9 years ago). My treatment was a mastectomy, 6 doses AC, then 25-30 radiation treatments, then 4 taxol. The onco was agressive giving me 6 AC instead of 4. The recurrence biopsy showed it was Her2+. Thanks for asking.

Lolly
01-14-2008, 05:01 PM
Hi; I just answered Tonya's post about skin recurrence with specifics about my history of recurrence, and realized I'd forgotten to answer yours the other day! Sorry about that, to save time I'll paste in the pertinent bits from my answer to Tonya....

I've been Stage IV since January 2001 with skin and lymph node recurrences, and my first recurrence was treated with a combo of Herceptin/Navelbine. Complete response, No Evidence of Disease (NED), and Herceptin maintenance kept me NED for 2 and 1/2 years. Then 2nd recurrence and we had to add Navelbine again, for 6 months, and again I was NED with Herceptin maintenance for almost a year. Then another recurrence, Navelbine again, but since then I've had to be on continuous maintenance chemo along with Herceptin as I continue to have systemic disease in my lymph nodes plus this past year dealing with skin recurrence again. I've only recently stopped Herceptin as my onc wanted to try Avastin with chemo, and there's no data on interaction with Herceptin so we've decided to take a "Herceptin Holiday" for now. May be able to go back to it later.

<3 Lolly