PDA

View Full Version : prayers please

juanita
01-07-2008, 06:40 PM
As if i haven't been crazy enough lately my son and pregnant daughter in law found out today that they are both carriers for cystic fibrosis. From research I did this afternoon 50% of the people are carriers, of that 50% half actually get it and half don't. And the median survival age is 37. All of that sounds pretty good, but they were told that since both of them are carriers the chances are higher that the baby will actually have it. They go for a test on the baby on Wednesday. I'm really scared for them, and would appreciate prayers that everything turns out good. Thank you so much!

RhondaH
01-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Done. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

penelope
01-07-2008, 07:03 PM
You have mine too!

Bill
01-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Praying for you, here, Juanita. May God calm you and your family in this stressful time. Peace to you all, Bill

Sheila
01-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Juanita
My prayers are with you and your family, hope everything looks good Wednesday.

Jean
01-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Juanita,
of course! lets hope we will hear good news.

Jean

madubois63
01-07-2008, 09:29 PM
For all the people that posted they are praying, there a many more that haven't posted but are praying...Lots, and lots and prayers are coming your way....

BonnieR
01-07-2008, 11:03 PM
You are really being tested these days. Prayers coming your way. And to the baby too...

Brenda_D
01-08-2008, 04:27 AM
You have my prayers and support.

Believe51
01-08-2008, 06:30 AM
Please know that prayers are to follow and that before my granddaughter was born (healthy) we too were in your situation. My son and Daughter-in-Law were actually taking classes because they thought she was going to have major health issues and be severely retarded. Right before the last class in the support group they found out things may have some sunshine that could follow but they finished the classes anyway since NO ONE can be certain. One thing was for certain, if she was retarded and unhealthy we would love her just the same. Four weeks later this tiny person that fit in a Kleenex box smiled at me. This little one beat all the odds that were against her from her beginning. We had learned in our journey that in order to prepare parents for the dread they may encounter sometimes it is better to start with all the bad possibilities and work your way to the sunshine.

I am praying that the odds here can turn up well for Mom, Dad and especially baby. Thoughts of baby beating these bad possibilites and being born healthy. Wishes that you are getting all the bad possibilities out in the open and that they never flourish. All shall be carried deep in my heart for Wednesday and for his/her continued healthy development. Prayers for you too Juanita, hang tough Sweetheart I know you have been through alot lately!!>>Believe51

So here is to walking towards the sunshine....to all of you!! Good luck!

sarah
01-08-2008, 06:37 AM
Hey, aren't we all proof statistics are wrong! Good luck to them and may they have a healthy, happy baby.
love and hugs
sarah

caya
01-08-2008, 07:14 AM
Juanita-

Sending prayers your way from Canada.

all the best
caya

suzan w
01-08-2008, 08:19 AM
my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

mslinda
01-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Juanita, I too am praying that God will grant these two young people a healthy baby.
Linda

kareneg
01-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Juanita,

You have my prayers also.

MichelleH
01-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Juanita,
You have my prayers, as well, for your precious grandchild. May God also give you and the family some comfort during this stressful time.

Love,
Michelle

Bill
01-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Still in my thoughts and prayers, Juanita! I'm praying the test results will be good news and that things are starting to turn your way. Sending warm wishes and prayers your way. Love,,Bill

tousled1
01-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way!

Lolly
01-13-2008, 05:30 PM
Juanita, I'm sending my thoughts and prayers also, that all is well with your loved ones.

<3 Lolly

Jackie07
01-13-2008, 06:06 PM
A different viewpoint:

Look, none of us had the genetic testing done before we were born. At the time when most of us were born, breast cancer was diagnosed late and most patients did not last but a very short while. But now there are all kind of treatment options and all kinds of long-term survivors out there. I am sure by the time when her baby reaches adulthood, there will be treatment (gene therapy?) options available if indeed the child has the problem. As a special education teacher, I can assure you that there are plenty of people who love children with special needs and try to take good care of them.