PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again

John21
01-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Hi Gals and Guys,

Kathy, my wife has been having sciatic pain lately. It has gotten so bad she cannot sleep.

She has been Stage IV from 2002 with mets to bones and nodes, liver once, and lung once. All treatments have gone well so far.

We had the MRi for her back. Unfortunately they did not find a herniation. ( I wish they did)They believe some of her previous bone lesions have grown and pushing on her nerve bundle. That word progression came out. Well she just had scans about 2 months ago and all was stable as usual. She is going in now for a repeat CT and bone to check the other areas.

Any experience on back pain(sciatia) with mets to spine? Well, just needed a prayer, and hopefully stop my panic attack. Have not had one in a year now.

Thanks for the ear!

John

Faith in Him
01-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Hi John,

I don't have experience with back pain but I've just said a prayer for you and your wife. I know it is difficult waiting for test results. I will be holding you both close in my heart.

Mary Jo
01-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Hi John,

I'm sorry you and your wife are going through this. I, too, am asking God to let it be known as to what is causing this pain.

Mary Jo

Bill
01-07-2008, 05:50 PM
Hi John, I've prayed that you and your wife receive comfort and good test results. If she's not sleeping, you're not sleeping, and I know how that can drag you both down pretty quick. Eat as healthy as you can, and rest when you can. Thoughts and prayers to you both, Bill

Lolly
01-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Hi John,
I don't have personal experience with the type of back pain Kathy has, but I remember reading about a "patch" for pain, an adhesive patch that sticks to the skin over the area of pain. Maybe that would help supplement whatever pills she's on?
I'm keeping you both in my thoughts, and hope you get some relief soon.

<3 Lolly