PDA

View Full Version : Lani, have you seen any reports..

Jean
01-04-2008, 07:46 AM
on AI reactions, such as a itchy reaction?

very curious,
Thanks,
Jean

Lani
01-04-2008, 10:54 AM
) into GOOGLE

AND VOILA--THE FIRST ONE THAT POPPED UP SAID IT WAS
among the side effects described as : Uncommon 0.1% to <1%; Urinary tract infection, tumour pain(6), leucopenia
General oedema, anxiety(1), somnolence, insomnia, memory impairment,
dysaesthesia (2) , taste disturbance, cerebrovascular accident, cataract, eye irritation,
blurred vision, palpitations, tachycardia, thrombophlebitis (3) , hypertension, ischemic
cardiac events (7) Dyspnoea Abdominal pain, stomatitis, dry mouth Increased hepatic
enzymes, pruritus, dry skin, urticaria, arthritis, increased urinary frequency, vaginal
bleeding, vaginal discharge, vaginal dryness, breast pain, pyrexia, mucosal dryness,
thirst, weight loss
on Novartis' warning for letrozole packaging in the UK

Feel free to use the same "recipe" for searching and explore further, as I don't recall which AI you are on.

Lani
01-04-2008, 11:26 AM
another source on letrozole--Dermatologic: Rash (4% to 5%), alopecia (<5%), pruritus (1% to 2%)

another source quoted 2% FOR LETROZOLE

from Arimidex package insert:

Number (%) of patients
ARIMIDEX 1 mg plus
Body system and adverse event by ARIMIDEX 1 mg Tamoxifen 20 mg Tamoxifen 20 mg

Other less frequent (2% to 5%) adverse experiences reported in patients receiving ARIMIDEX 1 mg in either Trial 0004 or Trial 0005 are
listed below. These adverse experiences are listed by body system and are in order of decreasing frequency within each body system
regardless of assessed causality.

Skin and Appendages: Hair thinning; pruritus Urogenital: Urinary tract infection; breast pain

Lani
01-04-2008, 11:26 AM
google should correct you though!

Jean
01-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Thanks Lani,
that helps, was just wondering in your travels if you heard anything or read an ariticle pertaining to AI and reactions. Since AI are new there
is not much data out there.

Good Wishes,
Jean

Lani
01-04-2008, 08:30 PM
from an AI. Your itchy skin without rash did not seem to match that, so I felt no reason to worry you. If I find more I will certainly bring them to your attention. I think half the problem is that skin is an organ that estrogen affects greatly and estrogen deprivation takes its toll on skin thickness, moisture, etc.

I have previously voiced my concern that a lot of the creams used to replace the moisture, heel the cracks etc contain parabens, which have been reported to have estrogen-like properties and get absorbed,perhaps negating one of the main reason AIs are taken.