PDA

View Full Version : To All,

Jean
12-30-2007, 11:56 AM
To All My Beautiful Sisters,
I don't recomend getting breast cancer in order to make new friends, but for me the diagnosis changed my world on many levels. I lost old friends, found new friends, I even found a new me! I realized how sweet and dear each and every day is and not to waste energy or time, or not to worry about the silly things in life. It is a bit difficult passing this on to those who have not had our experience. That is one of the many reasons this board is such a precious gift to us.

I recently returned from S.A. and finally met in person Joe and Christine! As you all know they are very special people! Joe and Christine have devoted their entire existence to Her2, never taking a break or rest from the site. They both think 24/7 about this board and the members, always working towards making it bigger and better, doing all this with a huge smile and grand sense of humor.

I was honored to have been invited to S.A. and meet Sheila, Chrissy, Brenda, Donna and her devoted husband Loren. I knew and met our beautiful and brilliant Becky prior to S.A. What an amazing group! I was so proud to be in their company. I have met the most remarkable people and have learned so much from them.

As I close on this passing year I 'm tremendously grateful for all I have learned on this wonderful site and for all the special friends I have been blessed to gain. I look forward to the New Year with hope, faith and appreciation. Wishing all of you peace and love.

A Very Happy & Healthy New Year,
Jean
<O:p</O:p

Sheila
12-30-2007, 12:30 PM
Jean
You couldn't have said it any better....my life has been enriched by the people I have met here on this board....whether in person in San Antonio or via emails and posts, I have grown from knowing them....I have laughted, cried, been educated and felt a true bond with some I will never meet in person, but feel as though I've known them all my life.
In this season of blessings, one of the biggest in my life has been to find this site. Without the vision of Joe and Christine, and many tireless hours, and the support and knowledge of the members on this site, I don't think I would have become the strong person I am after my diagnosis.

hutchibk
12-30-2007, 01:25 PM
I was and am sincerely humbled by all of our group who I met in San Antonio. You are a brilliant group of people who I learned so much from. Thank you for taking me under your wings, all of you. If we are to be "the chosen ones" for this HER2 affliction, I am in awe of the the friendship that so naturally happens between us. Thank you Jean for your post. I wish us all good health, good wealth and all the joy in the world in the coming new year!

Patb
12-30-2007, 03:31 PM
Thanks Jean for the post. This is a wonderful place to go when you need information or just feeling low. I will toast all of my Her2 group especially Christine and Joe on New Years Eve and say to all have a peaceful and blessed New Year.
patb

suzan w
12-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Thank you Jean. Thank you everyone! Happy New Year!!

Bill
12-30-2007, 05:45 PM
Thanks Jean, for the great post. This site helped inform Nikki and in so many ways helped keep her upbeat and positive. She considered you all family and was in awe of Joe and Christine for their tireless devotion to you all and the site. Happy New Year, Bill

Mary Jo
12-30-2007, 05:52 PM
Jean,

What a wonderful post. You spoke exactly what I feel in my heart also, Breast cancer has changed so much about my life too and mostly all of it is for the better. The only part that I don't like is the fretting I still do over recurrence but even that is something I'm learning (slowly - OH SO SLOWLY) to take one day at a time. God is in control and trusting Him is something that gets a bit easier as time goes on.

I, too, appreciate all of you. Unfortunately, I have not been privileaged to meet any of you in person but feel as if I know you in a small way personally and you know me as well. Through good times and bad we stick together as a family who loves one another warts and all. Thank you for that.

Love to you all,

Mary Jo

DonnaD
12-30-2007, 06:41 PM
Dear Jean,
First, thank you for your kind words. We were very privilege to be in such company in San Antonio. It was an honor to be there and to meet and work beside Joe, Christine and the crew . I will be eternally grateful to Joe and Christine and all they have done for each person on this board, dedicating their lives to us.

You said so much of what is in my heart. I finished my treatment this past Thursday. Over the past 16 months many of my friends have come forward to offer support or have dissapeared in the shadows, but not on this site. You are always here! I realized I could not have gotten through without you. Whatever came up I knew I could come to you for understanding, comfort, knowledge and support. I have gained so many sisters and yes, some brothers too, here.

I wish those in treatment will find comfort in knowing things really do get better. I rejoice in having hair again, but it is much bigger than that. Yes, my life has changed for the better because of cancer. Cherish each day and everyone who is important in your life. Tell them each day how much they mean to you.

Happy New Year to each of you.
Donna

dhealey
12-30-2007, 07:29 PM
Thank you Jean for your wonderful post. Thank you to all my her2 sisters! May we all have renewed health in the new year!

Bill
12-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Hey, Mary Jo! When the day is done, and you think about it, God is the only certain and constant thing we have in our lives. Having said that, I should pay more attention to my own words, lol. Peace to you and yours, Bill

Mary Jo
12-30-2007, 08:32 PM
Hi Bill - Amen to that! Yep, you are right, "He is our only certain and constant thing in our life" and I couldn't agree with you more - I TOO should pay attention to my own words.

Thanks Bill and Peace to you as well http://her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif

Mary Jo