PDA

View Full Version : Have you been asked to take a survey?

BonnieR
12-28-2007, 07:36 PM
I received an email saying I was chosen to participate in a survey regarding my opinion on HER2 research. Millwood Brown is conducting some marketing research on behalf of a biotech company it seems. Anyone know any more about it before I respond? I don't know where they got my name. Except from the Herceptin company. I signed up for literature from them....

Chelee
12-28-2007, 08:00 PM
Bonnie, I received this same email. I'm not sure where they got my name either? I have signed up on the herceptin website and they sent me all kinds of information once along with a tote bag, etc. I'm thinking I might of agreed to participate at the time I gave them all my information?

I have never heard of Millward Brown...but I did read their privacy policy at the bottom of the email and I see their in Austin, TX and they DO have a 800# to call & a regular phone number if you have any questions. They promise not to share your information, ect. So it looks like its safe.

Chelee

BonnieR
12-28-2007, 10:23 PM
well, I went back to resume the survey thinking I would see where it was going. But I was notified that I had interrupted it the first time and was therefore inelegible to take it now! So it took care of itself!

Chelee
12-28-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm glad you told me that as I haven't taken the survey yet but I do intend too. I will make sure once I start I don't stop. I hate that when you invest time into something like that and it won't let you finish...how frustrating to say the least. Sorry that happened to you...but thanks for letting me know what happens if stop or take a break. The survey warns you that it will take up to 30 minutes...so you would think they would take that into consideration that someone MIGHT want a break. What happens if the phone rings, or you need to use the restroom...that's not right. Well...its *their* loss...now they don't have your vauable information. Again...thanks for the warning.

Chelee

BonnieR
12-28-2007, 10:52 PM
well there is some verbage about phone numbers I can call if I wish to get back on the survey list. I just wish it had begun with more explaination of what they were about and who it represented. I want to participate if it would be helpful. Let me know how it goes...

Sheila
12-29-2007, 11:45 AM
I got the same survey, alot about Herceptin vs Tykerb...so I would say it will be for marketing purposes for one or the other...they want to know about ypur cancer and about what you know about these 2 drugs.

Chelee
12-30-2007, 12:20 AM
I just took that survey. They said it will take about 30 minutes. It took a one hour and 36 minutes of my time....that's a bit too much and I let them know that. I don't mind helping when I can...but that went on far to long.

Sheila, I wonder if its exactly the same for each person because it did ask me about Herceptin & Tykerb towards the very end of the survey. But the first part of it went on and on about how involved was I in the treatment decisions? Was I informed about all the side affects and made aware of each drug I would be taking, etc. Do I feel going for my cancer treatments interfered with my every day life? Did having cancer keep me from doing things that I would of gotten to do had I never been DX with it. How many times were my treatments changed and how involved was I in those decisions? Do I trust what my oncologists advice on what medications to take? Do I follow through on medications I'm given or does the quality of life issue make me quit taking the medications I'm prescribed? Where do I find MOST of my information on HER2 cancer which gave me box after box to check. Each question would have a "Check all that apply" type of deal. Where do I find support...then again, "Check all that apply". How many opinions did I get when DX? How many oncologist have I've seen since I was DX? I could go on for days! lol

The questions were endless! I didn't think it was ever going to end...just ridiculous! I've taken alot of surveys online over the last 15 years...but this one was extremly LONG!!! It wasn't till the very end it asked about Herceptin and Tykerb. If your reading this Bonnie...you just saved yourself a GOOD hour plus of free time. :)

Chelee

BonnieR
12-30-2007, 08:02 AM
Chelee, wow, I am so glad I read your experience before I went looking for the survey again! That really does seem like an imposition without even much explaination from them as to how the information is going to be used.
Another example of how we help each other out here on this board, in all kinds of ways! Thanks!
Bonnie

Jyber
12-31-2007, 10:58 AM
I got the survey request as well but have not responded yet.

Chelee
12-31-2007, 04:02 PM
Bonnie, I don't think I would of minded the amount of time so much IF they had at least warned me that it could take 30 minutes UP to an hour...something like that. Had I known it was 90 minutes I would of taken it when I had a little more free time. Once I had so much time invested in the survey..I didn't want to just quit so I choose to finish it. Just make sure you have time set aside if you decide to do it...then it won't be so bad. :)

Chelee

tousled1
12-31-2007, 04:57 PM
I recevied the survey and took it. As Sheila said it's strictly for HER2 breast cancer and asks a lot of questions about Herceptin and Tykerb. I receive a lot of requests for surveys but the ones I like best are the ones I get paid for taking.

Chelee
01-04-2008, 01:02 AM
Hi Kate, It sounds like the survey was tailored differently depending on how one replies to the questions as you go along? I was asked about Tykerb and herceptin as you & Shelia mentioned...but only a few questions towards the very end of the survey?

You mentioned you liked taking surveys that pay you for your time. I got a survey once that said it was going to pay me $20.00 for my time to take the survey. I filled out all my information and took the survey and I NEVER received a dime for it. I would of taken it without the $20.00...they said it would take up to 6 wks to receive a check which I never got. By then I had deleted the email so had no way to contact these people. O'well. At least that one was semi short and not so time consuming. :)

Chelee

Barbara2
01-04-2008, 06:40 PM
I answered questions for about 5 minutes and it stopped me from continuing. The message said it was not necessary for me to complete the survey.

madubois63
01-04-2008, 07:03 PM
I didn't get this survey, but I've done several before. I did get a check for $50 once for completing a survey. This past fall, I got invited to participate in a focus group. I did have to drive a bit, but it was well worth it. It was all marketing questions about genetic testing and took an hour. As I walked out, they handed me a $200 in cash and donated $100 in my name to the Susan G. Koman Foundation. Pretty cool....