PDA

View Full Version : Congrats DonnaD No More Treatments!!!!!

Sheila
12-27-2007, 03:49 PM
Donna
Bet you have looked forward to this day for some time, and now that it is here you think Now what??? We get so used to having the security blanket when we are in active treatment....you looked well today, actually radiant....I truly hope that will be you last time for treatment...I want to see you live a long healthy life. So celebrate and enjoy!!! You have earned it.
P.S. Dr Wool came to the treatment room, smile ear to ear and removed the remaining 2 stitches that poked through...he said he was glad I called. Michael got to meet him too! I "got out of the chemo prison" at 2pm!
I am so jealous that you have busted out!!!!!

PinkGirl
12-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Congratulations Donna!!! Good luck with the
next step. As Sheila said, it can be intimidating
at times but you will still see all of those people,
just not as often. And you can always reach them if you need to. Enjoy your new found
freedom..........215

KellyA
12-27-2007, 04:50 PM
Yeah Donna!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!! What in the world will you do with all of your free time?!?!?!?!?!??! :-) I hope that you are out celebrating your new freedom!

Love, Kelly

Chelee
12-27-2007, 05:14 PM
Donna, Congratulations on finishing your trts. I remember that day so well. I thought I would never get through it...and actually it went faster then I thought. I was actually very emotional that day and close to tears while getting my last infusion. (I thought to myself..."what is wrong with you"!) But it was just that reality set in that I lost my security blanket and I was on my own. It was a scary feeling. So don't be surprised if you have mixed emotions at first....it too WILL pass.

Its so nice not to have all those appt's. and to be let loose. Enjoy all your free time...you certainly have earned it. :)

Chelee

Jean
12-27-2007, 06:26 PM
Dear Donna,
Congrats on your special day!
so happy for you....wishing you
all the best!

Love,
Jean

Becky
12-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Congratulations Donna on the last treatment. It is quite an experience to have soomething that you can hardly wait to end and never want to end either. You will be fine though. You will think about it in 3 weeks when you are supposed to go for a treatment but after that, it will be a thing of the past.

Love,

caya
12-27-2007, 09:43 PM
Congrats Donna on this great milestone - Your last treatment - Yippee!!!

all the best
caya

RhondaH
12-28-2007, 02:37 AM
You should make an appointment on your would have been "next" treatment day for a massage in place of the treatment...now THATS a plan;) Take care and many, many years of EXTREME good health.

Rhonda

DonnaD
01-03-2008, 09:55 PM
Somehow I missed this post. Sorry, but it sure made me smile tonight when I found it.

Thank you dear friends for your well wishes. They mean a lot to me because you all understand this milestone -NO MORE TREATMENT.

Yep, I will be happy and sad for alittle while until I get used to this. Won't miss the 110 mile trip every 3 weeks. I really like the idea of the massage Rhonda.

Tomorrow I go in for my 6 month mamogram and a follow up CT for the fractured ribs and lung lesions(from radiation). Will breathe easier after that.

Hugs to you all.
Donna

dhealey
01-04-2008, 05:15 AM
Congratulations Donna!!!!! Wishing you many, many years of NED.

kimber
01-04-2008, 07:22 AM
What a great feeling. FINALLY!!!!! I remember the day well myself. I am very proud of you. You did it. You may actually feel at a "loss" for a bit. That is normal. This new found freedom - takes a short while to get back into the "normal life" groove. New normal I should say.

Have a fabulous day Donna!! With love - kim

tousled1
01-04-2008, 08:00 AM
Congratulations Donna. Now do something special just for yourself.

Sheila
01-04-2008, 08:19 AM
Donna
Good Luck Today.....on your scans and tests!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KRISS
01-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Congrats on your last treatment and good luck today. I will send a little prayer your way. I'm sure all is well. Kriss

Brenda_D
01-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Congratulations Donna. One more hurdle passed. :)

Mary Anne in TX
01-04-2008, 02:30 PM
WOW! Couldn't be more exciting than this! Congratulations, Donna!

Mary Jo
01-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Hi Donna,

I hope you are "breathing easier" tonight as the scans are behind you now. I hope the results are already known and all turned out well.

God Bless you friend. May God's Peace surround you and hold you close.

Love,

Mary Jo

Bill
01-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Great News, Donna! That massage idea would be nice for you. I hope you do something for yourself, at least a hot bath by candlelight, maybe a little piano music as your mind wanders through the possibilities coming your way this wonderful New Year! Rejoicing with you in Spirit, Bill

DonnaD
01-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Thank you one and all for your kind posts. Yes, it is really time to celebrate. Scans came back as stable, meaning no change from last time and the mammogram was fine! So no more treatment and I don't go back for 3 months to see the onc. Wonder if she will remember me in March .

I am so thankful and feel like I have been given clean slate. This site has been so important to me over the past 17 months. God bless you all!
Donna

mslinda
01-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Congratulations Donna.

I know you are so glad to have the treatments behind you, and now, the scans for awhile anyway. I am praying for you to be feeling great soon.
Linda

hutchibk
01-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Hi Donna! Congrats!! Take it easy and breathe free. You deserve it!

sassy
01-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Congrats Donna! You graduated!

dhealey
01-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Congrats Donna!!!! Go out and enjoy life.