PDA

View Full Version : With "Pomp and Circumstance" playing in the background...

RhondaH
12-20-2007, 03:34 PM
I GRADUATED to seeing my onc (I DREAD these visits...remember, the dentist is better) every year and my surgeon the opposing year so I will see one or the other every 6 months for the next 2 years, SO...I don't see the onc until NEXT December, whooo, whooo.

Rhonda

Mary Anne in TX
12-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Was that fireworks I saw in the dimming light? How exciting, Rhonda! You have to be off the wall excited!!!! Congrats!

dhealey
12-20-2007, 03:49 PM
Wonderfull news Rhonda! What a way to start off the new year!

Becky
12-20-2007, 04:00 PM
How wonderful Rhonda. You are braver than me. My onc suggested going from every 4 months to every 6 and I told him I wasn't ready for that yet. Congratulations on your freedom and your courage.

Love to you

caya
12-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Great news Rhonda - so encouraging to see this.

Enjoy your freedom

all the best
caya

charlotte
12-25-2007, 08:37 AM
What fantastic news this is....Congratulations and I wish you all the best...

suzan w
12-25-2007, 09:39 AM
That is great news, Rhonda! My oncologist told me that I could go from seeing her every 3 months to every 6 months...well, after 5 months I got nervous and went to see her!!! Not quite ready to cut the tether yet I guess!!! Hey, is that your son???He is pretty darn cute! Happy Holidays!

Marlys
12-25-2007, 06:57 PM
My current medical oncologist has only seen me twice, in April and then in December. At the December visit she announced that she would cut our visits to yearly. She feels that we know our own bodies best. However, my radiologist or her nurse practioner are continuing to see me every 3 or 4 months. So I don't feel abandoned. I have to agree with the medical onc that I know my body best and because I am feeling great , have been dancing with NED for almost 3 years, I will go blithely along and maybe even sing a song. (Probably in private because I can't sing worth a damn!)
Love & hugs,
Marlys

Jean
12-25-2007, 08:01 PM
Rhonda,
This is wonderful news....It must feel good to move forward.

Wishing you all the best.
Tony is getting so big....and is as handsome as ever!

Hugs to both of you,
Jean