12-20-2007, 03:04 PM
http://www.hampsterdance.com/christmas.html

Sheila
12-20-2007, 04:54 PM
Pink
Too cute.....

hutchibk
12-21-2007, 11:22 PM
She's having quite the time in Texas. I think she and Tex have really hit it off. Sheila, she may not make it to you until the 26th or 27th... will that be OK?

Sheila
12-22-2007, 06:04 AM
Brenda
Thats fine, its nothing but fog here anyways! Snow is gone and replaced with rain....maybe we will still get a white Christmas!!!

PinkGirl
12-26-2007, 06:39 PM
Where is Tiptoe right now? Did she have a nice
Christmas? Just wondering................
Any new pictures of her to share?

Sheila
12-26-2007, 07:14 PM
Pink Girl
I think she is still in Texas, I haven't seen her yet!

PinkGirl
12-26-2007, 07:21 PM
I hope she wasn't in the postal system for the holidays.
Maybe just as well, I don't know how she feels about
Christmas. She's a Buddhist, but I was hoping she'd get
some turkey.

Sheila
12-28-2007, 04:35 AM
I am hoping to get her for New Years! I will see....so far no Tip Toe

StephN
12-28-2007, 11:44 AM
Looks like we are off schedule to have TipToe in Arizona for the spa get-together. Guess Sheila will have to keep her till Karen gets back from Miraval and then Karen can send her to me.
I was hoping to have her for my next infusion when I return from the spa as I am on the 3 week schedule. That may not happen.

Just hope Tipsy can ring in the New Year with Sheila!

hutchibk
12-28-2007, 09:01 PM
OMG - I have been in Sugar Bowl hell and haven't had one minute for the last 72 hours to check in and post about TipToe's and Tex's Christmas. I have pics... will try and share them tomorrow or the next day. Sheila, send me a PM with your address and I will have Mark Fed-ex her Saturday. (I am in New Orleans, have been since 9 AM Dec 26 - doing credentials for the Sugar Bowl and BCS Championship) -

hutchibk
12-29-2007, 06:25 PM
I apologize for getting off schedule... time just slipped away before Christmas and then I flew out at 7AM on Dec 26th for 2 weeks of Bowl game work in New Orleans. I have barely had a minute to breathe, we have been as busy as one armed paper hangers! I think what I need is a stiff drink and about 12 hours of sleep (Lunesta here I come) - and I certainly don't need anymore Etouffee', Gumbo, or fried food! LOL

Sheila
12-30-2007, 07:39 AM
I sure hope Tip Toe plans on rooting for the Fighting Illini in the Rose Bowl.....nothing but Blue and Orange Here!

PinkGirl
12-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Tip is a very gracious guest. She is very content, calm
and peaceful - somewhat Dalai Lamaish. She is totally
undemanding. She enjoys all sports and was very
interested in learning about hockey while she was in
Canada. I'm sure, out of respect for you, she will be
cheering for your Illinois football team.

It's hard to understand her "drinking problem". It doesn't
fit with the rest of her character.

Marlys
12-30-2007, 11:06 AM
Pink Girl,
What you have described about TipToe is very much what the alcoholic personality is like. Maybe those who say that when an alcoholic takes a drink that drink takes a drink and another and another and another and so on are correct. So if he doesn't take the first drink he will not get drunk. Make sense? However, TipToe may very well not be an alcoholic but a social drinker who just enjoys her booze a little too much. I find it hard to believe that a hamster could be allergic to alcohol. My guess is that when she gets to my house and finds nothing to drink but beer (my husband buys a 6 pack that probably will last a year), she will not even miss it. My A.A. group is eagerly waiting to meet her and the pictures I have shown them remind us of what it was like and that is one of the things that keeps us sober.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

P.S. Members of Alcoholics Anonymous include Buddhists, too.

PinkGirl
12-30-2007, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the "enlightenment" Marlys. It was pretty dumb of me to think that Buddhists can't be alcoholics. Hopefully, after her visit with you, you will be able to determine exactly what kind of drinking problem Tipsy has.
She is adorable either way.

I really miss seeing pictures of her. I hope Brenda can post some soon. And I don't think we got to see Believe's photos. Maybe a week with Tiptoe isn't long enough. It's a lot of work to update her journal. I hope everyone is doing that.

You will enjoy her - but keep an eye on that 6 pack.

hutchibk
12-30-2007, 01:29 PM
She only sipped on one beer while she was here, on a night out with her new travel companion, Tex. Maybe he is a good influence!

Andrea Barnett Budin
01-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Oh my goodness. I am an overanxious surrogate Mom... Is Tiptoe in a box in a bin in some remote post office. Has she fallen behind a filing cabinet. WHERE IS SHE?? Surely I am just an overly concerned co-parent, but SHE DOESN'T WRITE/POST, SHE DOESN'T CALL. I have not seen hide nor hair of her for sooooo long. Marie??? Brenda??? Pix would help me compose myself. This darling beady eyed rodent is our savior. Is she w/Tex? Vs not alone? Oh my. PLEASE SEND WORD... SOON. I can't take the suspense!!
Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/0201e05fca/06

Sheila
01-04-2008, 05:50 AM
Andi
Tip and Tex arrived in Illinois late yesterday...they were COLD, it was 20 below with the wind chill! It is supposed to warm up today so I can let them get their first look at snow....I hope to have pics by later today....since they just arrived, I may keep them a week and take them to my treatment next week....they are darling!!!!!!

hutchibk
01-04-2008, 06:26 PM
I have been so crazy busy - but I will try and load some of the pics from my digcam to the computer tonight and post (if I can figure out how)...