PDA

View Full Version : Tired all the time...

theresaw
12-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Hi Sisters,
I don't know how to feel. I am tired all the time even tho' I take vitamins daily, get enough rest. The last time I felt like this was a little over a yr ago when I discovered I had b/c. I don't see my onc until feb. Any advise, should I call my onc and let her know how I am feeling. I am trying not to worry but sometimes I can't help it. I do my self exam regularly can't feel anything. I am not on herceptin or anything anymore. This started like a month ago, when I had my first period in 1 1/2yr. Then no period again. I thought maybe I was preg. took a hpt and came back neg. So I don't know what to think..HELP!

rinaina
12-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Perhaps a trip to the doctor is in order if nothing else, to get peace of mind. I know after I completed treatment, I was still experiencing fatigue for quite a while. Doesn't hurt to make an appointment with your primary care physician though. Keep us posted.

Janelle
12-18-2007, 04:13 PM
Maybe you are anemic....Maybe your period pushed you into an anemic condition. I hope you regain your energy soon!

Andrea Barnett Budin
12-18-2007, 08:12 PM
When was your last comprehensive blood test? If it's been 3 mnths, I'd ask if I could come in for that at the very least. See if all the #s are as they were. No other symptoms but extreme fatigue sounds normal. Though you say that exhaustion has only been for a month or so. Your hormones are apparently all over the place, w/a pd and then none, which can be draining. Start w/bld and maybe move your doc appt up. Call tmrrw. Let us know what onc says. Stay calm. Breathe. I know. Really hard. Until you know there is something to worry about, just be vigilant and positive. Know you are doing your best to keep on top of it. Good for you for being in touch with your body. May just be the result of menstrual woes. Hold that thought.
Andi

Lolly
12-18-2007, 11:09 PM
It's always wise to bring any unusual symptons to your onc's attention. Tiredness can be a hallmark of other things going on also, such as winter doldrums, anemia as mentioned above, maybe you're fighting off a virus which can sometimes bring on that tired feeling. But it's definitely something I would take to my onc.

<3 Lolly