PDA

View Full Version : Question for Sheila

Brenda_D
12-18-2007, 05:05 AM
When you found your infra or supraclavicular nodes were positive, were they causing you any pain? Was that area tender?

Thanks, Brenda

Sheila
12-18-2007, 06:38 AM
Brenda
They were not painful but tender to touch, but they appeared rather quickly, to the point of being noticed. Even so much as a necklace that hit in that particular spot, would be an irritation. I hope this helps....mine did not show up on a CT scan by the way!

Brenda_D
12-18-2007, 07:13 AM
Thanks Sheila.
This morning I have a tender area right at the base of my neck and both above and below where the collarbone is. It seems a little swollen, though it's hard to tell. I can't compare it to the other side due to that side having the port so close to that spot.
It also is a little tender going up my neck from there too.

Could just be a little lymph swelling from who knows what, but if it's still bothering me next week, I'll bring it with my Onc. I see him the day after Christmas.

Sheila
12-18-2007, 03:05 PM
Brenda
I could feel a definative lump, and could see it "pop" up when I turned my head to the side...but you must remember that we can get inflamed swollen nodes from a cold, sinus, viral, infection...so if it doesn't go away, get it checked...even when I got mine checked, the Dr's swore it was nothing...the biopsy showed otherwise. I am hoping yours is nothing...I have been fighting nodes for over 4 years!