PDA

View Full Version : for Jean and others with very small tumors--her2status trumps size

Lani
12-17-2007, 10:00 AM
in predicting prognosis:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/news2007-jax/4385.html

Lani
12-17-2007, 10:02 AM
SABCS 2007: ABSTRACT #6024: Prognosis and clinical outcome of patients with node negative ≤1cm breast cancer

suzan w
12-17-2007, 10:45 AM
thank you for this info. Very important!!

MJo
12-17-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm glad I was aggressive. The woman in the office next to recently was diagnosed with a small tumor, but larger than mine was. She is Her2neg and ER/PR positive. She showed me her Oncotype score, and I got Onco Envy. Her score was 12; mine was 32. It reminded me again that Her2 is nasty. We will cure it. We will also find a way to destroy all Stage IV cells. I am sure of it.

harrie
12-17-2007, 04:36 PM
Very interesting ariticle. Thank you for sharing with us.

Jean
12-18-2007, 01:34 AM
It appears that the Dr.'s are STILL unsure how to treat those with small tumors under 1CM....even through Dr. Slamon has said over and over
that anyone with Her2 positive should have Herceptin...and herceptin with Taxol...is best. I attended an evening session called "Second Opinion" Dr. Neil Love was chairing the panel...Dr. C. Hudis from Sloan stated at his hosptial it was still not standard of care to treat with chemo/herceptin
with small tumors. Dr. Hudis believes in lumpectomy, radiaiton, AI/or
tamoxifen. It is mixed between the dr. in this area, due to lack of data. Most dr. want proven data before changing their protectal.

I believe that ALL tests should be available for ALL women - so then
they can make educated and knowledgable decsions regarding their
treatments.

That is another reason to see more than one dr. before making treatment decsions, along with doing your homework.

Jean