PDA

View Full Version : In a Fog

Faith in Him
12-16-2007, 04:47 PM
The only way I can describe this is that, I feel like I have been in a fog the last month or so. I had one bout of dizziness that I mentioned to the onc. but he did not seem too concerned. Also, I have had ear pain on and off since taxol. I know ear problems can cause dizziness or balance.

I tried to give my self all kinds of tests. Stand on one foot, jump up and down, whipp my head around like crazy (the kids think I'm nuts) to try and see if I lose my balance or have blurred vision. So far so good. No headaches. I have became preoccupied with worry about brain mets. I just can't explain this fog. Could it just be the tremendous amount of stress that you go through during treatment and then when things start slowing down, you notice the fog?

I don't want to cry wolf every time I go to the onc but I do want to be diligent in my care.

Any opinions?

Thanks ladies,
Tonya

hutchibk
12-16-2007, 05:16 PM
Ask for a brain MRI. Out of an abundance of caution. It is better to rule things out. Please don't take any chances...

Mary Anne in TX
12-16-2007, 05:21 PM
I totally agree with Brenda. Play it safe and have the tests. Then you can take a breath and relax for a bit because you have evidence that you're ok

KellyA
12-16-2007, 05:34 PM
Hi Tonya,

I am sorry that you are having difficulties, but I would bet that it was all of the meds. I had the same difficulties, and they got worse as the treatment went on (I guess that it was cumulative stuff). There were times that I was not only in a fog, but actually very confused, and one time that scared me half to death- I got "lost" a few miles from our house, an area that I know very well (we've lived here for 15 years) and I couldn't seem to find the exact turn point to get home. It was so wierd because I knew where I wanted to go, just couldn't find it. To make you feel better, the fog has cleared now, and I feel like myself again. At one point though during treatment I had to be very frank and let people know that I was having difficulties with my concentration, memory and attention span so that they understood and could help when necessary. Make sure that you are getting enough sleep- it was much worse when I was tired, and that you are drinking plenty of water and getting lots of fresh air- that always made me feel better.

Love, Kelly

Mary Jo
12-16-2007, 07:21 PM
Hi Tonya,

First off I want to tell you what a wonderful picture you have shared with us. A beautiful family you have. Just beautiful.

I agree with everything the other ladies have said. If you are afraid and not sure if there is an "issue" then having it checked out is the best thing. If for no other reason that peace of mind.

We've been through a lot - treatment AND stress. Those 2 things can cause incredible things to happen to us BUT when in doubt the best thing to do is get it checked out. There is no better feeling than peace of mind.

Love & peace,

Mary Jo

Bev
12-16-2007, 09:27 PM
I didn't know I was in a fog until it lifted which should be happening any time now for you. I definately remember shortly after taxol feeling like a big cloud lifting. If it makes you feel better, get the scan. I don't remember, but I think dizzy or headache are key words to use to get scan. I think they are looking for something being persistent and not happening once.

If it were me, I think I would see how the next 2 weeks go and then decide if you think you need an onc appt. Don't worry too much and enjoy the holidays.

Best wishes Tonya, Bev