PDA

View Full Version : male breast cancer remains below the radar.

tousled1
12-15-2007, 08:33 AM
SAN ANTONIO - <!-- START LEAD -->Two thousand Americans with breast cancer each year are not represented at the major scientific meetings on the disease. Nor do they participate in walks to raise awareness and research funds.

They don't fit the familiar image of breast cancer patients because they're not women.

Read full article:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/lifestyle/health/chi-breastcancerdec15,1,4986937.story

RhondaH
12-15-2007, 05:10 PM
but last year I went with a friend to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat performed by the local high school. The 1950' number I found quite fascinating...all the guys on stage wore white t shirts and none were "fat", yet ALL of them had breasts...heavy milk drinkers, hormones in other things. Also, my son who is 6 years old and 4 1/2 feet tall has a 7 year old friend that is 3 1/2 feet tall and his mother just started him on hormone treatments to gain some height...I spoke my 2 cents, and she read the risk, but decided anyway. Why do I know we are going to start to see an increase in male breast cancer?

Rhonda