PDA

View Full Version : Have a totally great symposium, Her2 Gang!

Mary Anne in TX
12-12-2007, 10:11 PM
To Christine and Joe and all the gang who is in San Antonio tonight! Thanks so much for taking the time and energy to go to the SABCS this week to gather the information that will be shared with so many. I surely am grateful to have such knowledgeable warriors there to "speak up" for our needs and to discover what is new and in the works. You guys are the best! Blessings & miracles to you all for the holidays! ma

Joe
12-12-2007, 10:18 PM
And we're getting noticed:

http://www.curetoday.com/sabcs2007/wed/feature.php

Regards
Chris, Joe, Shelia, Donna, Lauren, Chrissy, Becky, Jean and Brenda

StephN
12-12-2007, 11:11 PM
Nice mention, Joe!
(Title is supposed to be HOT TOPICS rather than Tops ... I was too excited!)

For the Advocates there is always a session at the end of each day where a panel of experts from the breast oncology community goes over what they gleaned from the day's sessions. This year there is a special mentor in the person of Dr. Dennis Slamon. To quote from the article in Joe's link:

"Susan Love, MD (http://www.susanlovemd.com/), an annual mentor, will be joined this year by Dennis Slamon, MD, PhD; Julie Gralow, MD; Powel Brown, MD, PhD; and others. Eastman says these meetings are open and have grown to include other advocates attending the symposium."

Dr. Gralow is my oncologist and has been on the Mentor's panel for several years. I will miss being there this year.

caya
12-13-2007, 12:04 PM
Great article Joe - it is so rewarding to see you and Christine bring attention to Her2 at such a distinguished forum, and for fighting for our cause - blessings to you both.

all the best
caya

Andrea Barnett Budin
12-13-2007, 12:50 PM
I feel so honored to be a part of this support site, led by one outstanding survivor -- our Christine, and our devoted Joe. May you all have a remarkable experience! As you become enriched, so will we all. With many, many thanks to each of you who are attending. We anxiously await word from you. Ever fondly,
Andrea

dhealey
12-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Much appreciation to Joe and Christine for your work on this site and being groundbreakers is the fight for better her2 treatment. Anxiously awaiting news you bring back. God Bless you both!

Sheila
12-14-2007, 07:01 AM
Dr Slamon was one of the mentors at the Alamo Breast Cancer Hot Topics mentor session last night that we all attended....very interested and much discussion and debate on the lack of benefit of using AC chemo in many patients. We will be getting a CD on the mentor sesions. Dr Love is Saturday night.

Mary Anne in TX
12-14-2007, 08:59 AM
Sheila, will you ask them their thoughts on our taking herceptin over 1 year? What would the indicators be to do or to stop. I just have believed that if I got off, it would be back in a flash. You guys are great for doing this! ma

Soccermom
12-14-2007, 09:50 AM
Thank you all for being our eyes and ears! Make sure you have some fun away from the serious stuff too!

Best,Marcia

nitewind
12-14-2007, 11:11 AM
Great question about the herceptin, I will be very interested in the answer. Thanks

Chelee
12-14-2007, 01:58 PM
Mary Anne, I also would love to have their opinion on taking herceptin over a year. In fact I thought they were suppose to have results of the HERA trials at this years symposium. It had been pushed back several times and I was so looking forward to this December when they said it would finally be released. I hope it did not get pushed back again?

If any of you hear about this issue we are sitting on the edge of our seats waiting to hear the news on it. :)

Chelee