PDA

View Full Version : Round 3-----ixempra-----then Tykerb

LOPSIDED
12-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Ct Of The Pelvis Showed Enlarged Lymph Nodes. I Go Back To Chemo Next Week. It Is Called Ixempra, My Doc Says It Is Fairly New. He Wants Me To Do 3 Treatments & Go For Another Ct Scan To See If It Is Working. IF It Works, He Wants Me To Do 6 Treatments Total 3 Wks Apart, Then Tykerb. Any Comments On Ixempra-------anyone?

kareneg
12-11-2007, 09:41 PM
My doctor may also be putting me on Ixempra. I will know more on J ANUARY 7TH. Please keep us up to date and know I am praying this treatment works well for you. All my best.

Joe
12-11-2007, 09:54 PM
The HER2 Support Group will meet with representatives from Bristol Meyer Squibb in San Antonio to discuss this drug.

Regards
Joe

hutchibk
12-12-2007, 01:47 AM
The docs at the Mets Conference at MDAnderson a month ago were tremendously excited about ixapebilone (Ixempra) - and were having very impressive success with it.

Lolly
12-12-2007, 10:20 AM
My nurses showed me the list of the latest approved drugs a couple of weeks ago and were quite excited about Ixempra in particular, so I'm hoping for great results for you. Will be watching for an update!

<3 Lolly

tousled1
12-12-2007, 10:34 AM
Here's an article about Imexpra that you might be interested in.

http://cancernetwork.com/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=WPDD2ADKP3Q4AQSNDLPCK H0CJUNN2JVN?articleId=203102728

Believe51
12-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Sending warm wishes that this is the 'magic recipe' for you and Karen. I know a woman in chemo that is having a nice response and she has been keeping us posted about the little things like how she is feeling and such. Looks like our fine friends here have you both covered for now with the bigger things. Best wishes for this part of your sagas Ladies, you will be paving the way for ALL of our futures with your use of this new drug. And remember to keep us posted, I am eager to hear how you girls are fairing with it. Lots of love coming Express!!>>Believe51

LOPSIDED
12-12-2007, 11:33 AM
Thank You For All The Words Of Encouragement. I Will Keep You Posted On How This Treatment Affects Me. I Had A Good Meeting With My Doctor Yesterday & Discussed This Chemo And Other Options Available If This Does Not Work. I Didn't Want To Cry, Although It Would Not Be The First Time My Doctor Has Seen Me Cry. I Think My Blood Pressure Was Up And My Face & Ears Were Red----but I Didn't Cry. This Site Has Brought Me A Lot Of Comfort. Thank You Everyone For Your Information & Posts.

Vanessa
12-13-2007, 12:08 AM
Good luck with your new treatment plan. I hope everything goes well. Remember you are in our thoughts and prayers. I have had a couple of crying sessions in my onc. office myself. Best wishes.