PDA

View Full Version : Gratitude and Worries

MJo
12-10-2007, 01:56 PM
I am grateful that my BC was caught super early. I am grateful that my Year 2 Mammogram is clear and that I have lost 32 of the 45 pounds I gained during treatment. I have even started exercising with Denise Austin at 7 a.m. every day on the Lifetime Channel.
So why am I worrying that this lingering cold is a symptom of recurrence!!!

nitewind
12-10-2007, 02:07 PM
So why am I worrying that this lingering cold is a symptom of recurrence!!!<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

TriciaK
12-10-2007, 05:38 PM
More good news on a Monday! It's not unusual to still worry---it's what we do---but sounds as if the blessings outweigh the fears. You are all probably tired of my reminders---but FEAR AND FAITH CANNOT CO-EXIST, so ratchet up the faith and keep believing in miracles! Hugs, Tricia

PinkGirl
12-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Why? Because that's what we do.

suzan w
12-10-2007, 06:58 PM
We worry because Breast Cancer has robbed us of our innocence!!!

Mary Jo
12-10-2007, 07:11 PM
Worry..............YUCK! I hate it too. I try not too and as time goes on it gets easier for me BUT when things crop up - a pain here or their etc. the old worry surfaces once again. That's when I put on my prayer armor and TRY to give it all away to the One who knows my tomorrows.

And Tricia, I never get sick of hearing your gentle reminder that "fear and faith cannot co-exist!" I agree wholehearitly with that statement HOWEVER I don't always succeed in living it so your reminders always come when I need to hear them. So, thank you.

Mary Jo

nitewind
12-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Amen to that, Mary Jo. Tricia knows what she's talking about.
Hugs girls

dhealey
12-10-2007, 07:43 PM
Worry only causes wrinkles and gray hair!!!!! Enjoy the fact your getting your energy and figure back and think " It's just a cold, sometimes they linger."

tousled1
12-10-2007, 07:43 PM
MJo,

Why worry? Because that's what we do best. Having breast cancer changes a person's life and no matter how hard we try anytime something pops up we automatically think that it must be related to breast cancer. I don't know how long it takes to get over the worry - maybe you never do. I just try to live one day at a time and be thankful for everyone of them.

MJo
12-11-2007, 08:50 AM
Thank you for the reminders that I'm normal. I feel better -- which is why I come to this Board. God bless us every one!

Catherine
12-13-2007, 11:24 PM
Just had my port out. I do not worry until I realize that I am a slacker in some of the areas. True confessions....I work too much, talk on the phone too much, I do not exercise enuf and I have at least one glass of wine a nite. Today it was two at a Christmas luncheon.

I just can not do all the things I am suppose to do to stay cancer free. This connections to fat and diet thing they are trying to prove is driving me crazy and making me feel like I just might cause my own recurrence. I am usually very upbeat...but this is making me feel guilty and grumpie. I am 5foot 3inches, weigh 133pounds and like chocolate and deserts. I do not eat fast food, so maybe there is hope for me.

Please excuse my grumpie mood, Catherine

dhealey
12-14-2007, 05:36 AM
Catherine, Don't beat yourself up. If we did all those things what fun would life be? I did all the right things to prevent getting cancer and it got me anyway. I remember when my mother passed away from her breast cancer and a neighbor said she didn't survive because she didn't pray enough or say the right prayer. My mother was a very kind woman full of grace and very devoted to her religion. I think sometimes shit just happens. Relax and try to enjoy life. We are all her2 pos. and not everything is going to work for us like others who are not. I refuse to beat myself up becasue I decide to have a piece of chocolate or dessert.

MJo
12-14-2007, 08:03 AM
Catherine - do you consider yourself overweight? I have lost 35 of the 45 pounds I gained during treatment, but I am currently about 175 -- and I think I look great (I'm 5'6"). I don't plan to get below 165, and my doctor -- God bless her -- agrees. The weight charts say I should be 155 max. They don't understand big-boned girls like me. I don't say cancer has blessings, but it sure clarified for me that the years I spent trying to get to a size 10 were foolish and wasted. And there were a lot of those years. Today, these poor younger girls want to be size 4. I was in a dress shop recently and a young woman was trying on clothes. SHe told the sales girl she was planning to lose weight for her wedding in March. Then she asked the sales girl to bring a dress to her fitting room -- size 2 or 4. I guess she felt she had to be a size 0 for her wedding. I wanted to cry. I wanted to say something to her but I kept my mouth shut. As for me, I am going to limit--not give up --booze and stay at a healthy weight, God willing. That's all I can do.

Catherine
12-15-2007, 10:57 PM
Mjo,
No, I do not consider myself overweight. I have been lucky all my life to be fairly "thin." I really do enjoy life. I was just feeling like, okay, I am done with Herceptin and now all the rest is up to me. I have always taken pretty good care of myself, but I keep reading these articles about what not to eat. Well, I just can not be perfect and have never wanted to be. But, somehow I feel like I am "suppose" to follow the "cancer diet." and be a good girl. Well, I really just want to live my life and not fret that I am being bad to my body.(which I am not)

Yak, yak, yak....actually I am over the guilt. It is Saturday night and all is well. You guys are right...no reason to beat myself up. Besides, I bruise easily these days. Did go to the Lancome makeup session today with my college buddie of 40years. We had a ball and I only spent $60. Santa will know that I am the one with the new lipstick and new eyeliner.

Congratulations to you for losing so much wait. And congratulations that you have a wonderful supportive doctor.

Hugs, Catherine