PDA

View Full Version : IBC---you must read this

Joanne S
12-10-2007, 08:00 AM
Have you ever heard of Inflamatory Breast Cancer?
What is it?
What does it look like?

Knowledge is POWER.

What every woman must know.
Click: IBC---you must read this (http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=144669#post144669)

Believe51
12-10-2007, 10:33 AM
Thanks for providing knowledge to those whom really need it and there was a time that it was 'I'. I had a Editor from our local paper do an article on male breast cancer and since he has inflammatory too I felt that I could tied them together to inform the public of breast cancer that has no lumps. She asked me to do this article and I was so honored, well that was until I read it. When I say that she did the worst job ever, I realized that as an Editor she needed to do an article based on facts. Well Ladies, SHE made her own assumptions and the article really showed how ignorant to the facts she was; she even made assumptions about what the man at the American Cancer Society had to say!!. At first I felt like I wasted my time, if she did not understand neither did her customers!! One of the many offensive parts of the article was how 'procrastination' plays a role in the late discovery of inflammatory breast cancer!! Uggh!! She never mentioned that you will never find a lump in IBC and some other forms of cancer. Of all the BC articles I have ever read this was the most uninformative, repulsive one!! At first I was a bit offended and turned off, like I said-what a waste of time. And then I prayed for her, I prayed that like all aspects of life we need to LISTEN and LEARN, do not make assumptions because it someday could take your life. I was happy to see that I have continued to grow since cancer and rather than stay mad I told the story off the books to her again making sure she now understood. Geez, if she made that many assumptions and messed up the story that bad, SHE WAS THE ONE I HAD TO HELP RIGHT NOW!! It is our job to inform people of these cancers so they have the power of knowledge!! If I can educated, prevent, give hope to help one person not to suffer the tragic pain that we are experiencing than my job IS making a difference. Let us face it Ladies, it is too late for Mighty Oak, he needs to fight the fight. But it is never too late to give back to others whom may stand a chance.

So I thank you my friend for giving so unconditionally to others and tying up their 'circle', for it is hard to fight something you cannot see!! Awareness is power and education helps us all to be the best Warriors possible.>>Believe51

Joanne S
12-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Believe51,

You are so sweet and so welcome! I only hope others will read this life saving information and share it with all of their family and friends.