PDA

View Full Version : I think TipToe needs a travel companion...

hutchibk
11-09-2007, 05:01 PM
So when she gets to Texas, I will introduce her to a very suave and handsome Tykerb Tiger... He is looking forward to traveling the world, too. He can travel with Tip or he can travel on his own and they can be like two ships who pass in the night...

He needs a name though, so let's put our light bulbs over our heads and see what we come up with.

I won't actually have him until this weekend, but when I do, I will post his picture.

Andrea Barnett Budin
11-10-2007, 01:00 PM
http://family.beloblog.com/archives/tigers
A TYKERB TIGER SHOULD SURELY ACCOMPANY OUR HERCEPTIN HONEY / CHINESE HAMSTER. WE ALL NEED COMPANIONSHIP!
Brenda, She could be called Tobi. Or some other *T* name, like Tammy, Taz.

More *T's*: Thea/Theodora (Theo) -- divine gift. Thora -- thunder. Tilda -- maid of battles, Trixie -- she who blesses.

If she is a Sumatran tiger she could be called *Frangipani* (flower) or *Maharani* (queen), in Indonesian.

What are your thoughts Tigresses??
Andi

Andrea Barnett Budin
11-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Nice new pic Brenda! You and...???

hutchibk
11-10-2007, 03:28 PM
My friend Shannon and her new hubby Kevin - she's in her late 20s and already on recurrence... it makes me more mad that she has recurrence than that I have it! She is PRECIOUS.

I am thinking that our Tykerb Tiger will be a boy. Doesn't have to be though. But the one I have in mind really has a thing for cute hamsters, and he kinda wants to have children. Do you think Tipsy wants kids?

Andrea Barnett Budin
11-10-2007, 03:45 PM
I am still not sure if Tiptoe has her ovaries, or has donated them... To save the Herceptin Honeys' lives. So children is an iffy question. Unless of course they *adopt*.

Tiger (Woods) real name is ELDRIDGE, for whatever that's worth. The name amuses me. I know no one w/that name. Except maybe the Tykerb Tiger. Kind of the Elvis of golfing. A kind of KING!

Andrea

PinkGirl
11-10-2007, 03:50 PM
Andi, why are you able to attach that 60,967 byte picture of the cute tigers, but not the pics of Tip????

PinkGirl
11-10-2007, 03:58 PM
I am about 99% sure that Tiptoe has her ovaries (the size of chocolate chips). She did not come to me from a research lab. However, if she mates with a tiger, she will probably need a C-section.....just thinking...

Andrea Barnett Budin
11-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Pinkie,

I can copy pics off the web and paste them into emails and/or on this site. A conundrum, more technically astute can perhaps explain.

I swear if I could take my pics from the computer and post them here, I'd do it. I did my darnedest to compress, compress, compress and UPLOAD, using that paper clip thing. I typed in the required size to shrink the pics. I saw the shrunken pics but that was the end of my venture.

Weird. Copying pics from the net didn't even involve compressing.

A

Andrea Barnett Budin
11-10-2007, 04:03 PM
If little teeny tiny TIPSY gets pregnant from a TIGER
SHE MAY EXPLODE! i'M JUST SAYING...

How's the name SLICK??? The Tykerb Tiger is surely no pussyfooter/gumshoe... More like SLY!

PinkGirl
11-10-2007, 04:06 PM
I believe you Andi - it just doesn't make sense.

Brenda - just a thought - when I was waiting for
Tiptoe to arrive, we were all thinking of names for
her. Then she arrived, and she already had a name.
Maybe your Tiger has a name. Tip's was on the tag
on her butt.

Andrea Barnett Budin
11-10-2007, 04:19 PM
I know PinkGirl... A lot in Life does not make sense. Annoying, every time!

Yes Tiger may come w/a name, just as TipToe did. How big is Tiger? Tippy is teeny, like a hamster... They may need to have a larger burrow and box to travel in. Think Tiger would pierce on ear? Like some guys.

Andi BB

hutchibk
11-10-2007, 08:36 PM
I like Eldridge. But we will need to see what his butt says about that. There is a Tiger at Tiger Island outside Brisbane Australia who is named Sultan... and he is a beautiful and spicy personality. Very sexy too. Let's keep that one in mind too, in case he prefers to change his given name post adoption. He will not be much bigger than Tipsy. He will be a miniature Tiger. He will be taller, but who doesn't want a tall handsome suitor? I think adoption is a great idea. I hope they don't mind this pre-arranged marriage.

Jeanette
11-10-2007, 08:46 PM
How about Ragah for the tigers name. I have been following this thread and come to the conclusion that the ladies on this site are a litle bit daffy. But I love you all to death. This takes our minds off the dreaded disease. Keep up the good work ladies, I shall be keeping tabs on you all, Jeanette

PinkGirl
11-10-2007, 08:50 PM
Jeanette,

Yes, we are. And thank you for noticing. :)

hutchibk
11-10-2007, 11:10 PM
Daffy? Yeah, I can roll with that, daffy as a duck. What Jeanette, you think it's weird to plan a wedding for two stuffed animals? Whatevah... LOL!

PinkGirl
11-11-2007, 07:14 AM
Did you say wedding???? When will it be, at the San Antonio conference?
That would be where they would have the most family. Who is going to make her dress and his tux? Flowers? Rings? Do we wait to see if they even like each other - that would be the kind thing to do. I always think about arranged marriages as being a thing of the past, like my grand-parents.
Don't forget they'll need their own room..............family coming from their home countries?.......who will give her away?..............church or JP...........
Is this daffy????

Jeanette
11-11-2007, 08:39 AM
I really don't think it's daffy to plan a wedding for our stuffed animals. I just hope that Tip will be in white. Would hate to hear of her virtue being besmirched. Let the planning begin ladies. Hugs to you all, Jeanette

fauxgypsy
11-11-2007, 08:52 AM
I think we need to consult Tiptoe about any marraige plans. I told her about the Tykerb Tiger and she is looking forward to meeting him. She is excited about a travel companion but says that even in China arranged marraiges are rare these days, and she is an independent kind of girl. Give her a chance to get to know him. who knows , she might meet someone else on her travels. After all, she is going to get her picture made tomorrow at the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy, where they have done a huge amount of research into Taxol. She might even meet a nice Southern boy in Georgia. Southern men are just full of charm.

Leslie

PinkGirl
11-11-2007, 09:10 AM
No besmirching of Tiptoe allowed - she will definitely wear white and appropriately so (from what she told me).

I agree with Faux. We will have to let Tip have the final say. It's her life.
Here's hoping they like each other.

Gotta go listen to the Queen. She's giving her Remembrance Day/Veteran's Day speech on TV. She's in France (Vimy Ridge).
Oops, no she isn't. It's the dedication of the new cenetaph at Vimy Ridge in April. I'll watch it anyway.

hutchibk
11-11-2007, 10:12 AM
I meant to say 'planning an engagement' - with both of their approvals, of course! He is pretty charming, as he is a Texas Tiger... but not a strong Texas twang or anything. Don't know if he even has a pair of boots. He won't be traveling with his horse, as it's hard to put a horse in a box.

PinkGirl
11-11-2007, 11:01 AM
Tip and Tex ?

hutchibk
11-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Ooooo, I like the name Tex! and I like the alliteration... I think you're on to something, Pink.

hutchibk
11-11-2007, 11:12 AM
TipToe the Herceptin Hamster and Tex the Tykerb Tiger! (I can use a Sharpie to change the name on his butt if necessary)... LOL.

Andrea Barnett Budin
11-11-2007, 12:42 PM
Here's to hoping Tex and Tiptoe enjoy one another's company and fall in love. I have read that they can live together at the various chaperones'/Guardians' homes without anyone thinking badly of them, in accordance with Buddhist belief. What a relief!

I also noted this -- the *Tipitake* is the Buddhist holy book! So Tipi (Tiptoe) is were named indeed. It is also of importance to mention that though boys are considered more useful in Asian culture, our little Chinese girl -- and her ovaries -- have come to save many lives! All us Herceptin Honeys can attest to that! So, you never know...

I think it will be fine for Tipsy to consider an American mate, who hails from Texas. He may adopt her ways of patience, kindness and gentleness. And those of us who are Tykerb Tigers should have a mascot as well. For the two to meet fills me with excitement! They are a perfect match, but of course each has the freedom of CHOICE, in accordance with Eastern and Western cultures. And so, the tale of Tiptoe and Tex begins... Daffy is a quite delightful way to BE I think, BTW...
Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/0201e05fca/08

hutchibk
11-11-2007, 08:59 PM
I think there is a big dose of Daffy in something that they are giving us...

Andrea Barnett Budin
11-11-2007, 09:50 PM
I think I was daffy before bc. In a good way... :)

StephN
11-12-2007, 01:09 PM
So we are making it a MALE tiger??

Maybe I am just dense, but I thought we were using these furry faux more as symbols of ourselves. Not that there are not a few guys out there taking Tykerb, but mostly women of the specie.

My uncle gave me and my sister some nice big stuffed animal tigers for Christmas one year. Mine was named "Trixie" but I sometimes called her "Tuffy."

She was in a curled up lying down position so I could rest my head on her when I read.

fauxgypsy
11-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Tiptoe was wondering if they could just have a platonic relationship for a while. And you know girlfriends can have a lot of fun traveling together.

Leslie ( just call me fauxdaffy)

Sheila
11-12-2007, 02:54 PM
DO I NEED TO BRING A STEAMER TRUNK OR GET AN EXTRA SEAT ON THE PLANE FOR MY TRIP BACK TO ILLINOIS FROM SAN ANTONIO?
Tip and Tex can saddle up and ride my black labs, Sophie and Sadie.

hutchibk
11-12-2007, 05:55 PM
Well, ma'am, I think Tex travels light and won't be traveling with his cattle or horses, unless he's a metro-sexual tiger, then he may have as many outfits, shoes and hair products as TipToe.