PDA

View Full Version : A Note about November 11th

Joe
11-09-2007, 03:21 PM
For those of you that may not be aware, I am a communications engineer and work for the US Navy in and around San Diego.

Although citizens of this country are divided in their opinions on the current hostilities in Afganistan and Iraq one fact can not be overlooked. All of the members of our military are volunteers and are in the service because that is where they want to be. I have met many Navy and Marine veterans who have served in the middle east and have nothing but admiration for them and the sacrifices that they make on our behalf.

This weekend, let us pause and say a prayer for all of those who dedicated themselves to serve their country both past and present.
May they return home safely.

Regards
Joe

Lolly
11-09-2007, 03:36 PM
Well said, Joe. My husband and his brother were both enlisted Navy men, as was their father. We always take time on Veteran's Day to honor the services of those who serve.

Debra
11-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Joe -

This is an easy request and well deserved one. I am very thankful for those individuals and their families for what they have done and are doing for our freedom. Amen

lexigirl
11-09-2007, 04:29 PM
Thank you Joe. My dad was a military man and I am so grateful for all that we have in the USA because of the bravery of our men and women.

Lexi

hutchibk
11-09-2007, 04:41 PM
Thank you Joe! I agree with you wholeheartedly. I am a military brat and my dad was a career man. I am headed to San Antonio on Sunday to put flowers on his grave at the National Cemetary at Ft. Sam Houston. My niece (S&R helicopter commander/pilot, Air Force) has done 2 deployments to Iraq and one in Afghanistan. I will always have the deepest love, respect and gratitude for our military.

Cynthia
11-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Joe,

What a wonderful thread. Thank you for posting this. My work takes me to Walter Reed Army Medical Center on a regular basis. There I see so many YOUNG men and women who have recently returned from battle with truly profound injuries -- often with multiple missing limbs. To a person, they have such courage and pride. I found them all to be so inspirational as I battled through my own cancer treatments. I am truly humbled by their selfless willingness to serve our country. I echo your call to honor our brave service members this Veteran's Day.

Best,

Cynthia

lilyecuadorian
11-09-2007, 05:29 PM
My husband is a veteran from Irak (golf persic war).

Barbara H.
11-10-2007, 06:26 AM
Thank you for this tread, Joe. We had a serious discussion in my third grade classroom this week about honoring and respecting Veterans' Day. We also chose to honor all veterans who have served their country in the military since I have so many students in my class from other countries.

My father is still alive at 89 and is a veteran from WW2. In spite of how we feel about war, veterans deserve this respect.

Thanks again,
Barbara H.

Joan M
11-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Joe, Thanks for bringing it home. Both my father and brother were in the Marine Corp. My father was in the Pacific in the Solomon Islands, and my brother was in Viet Nam for 13 mos., with a one-month leave for shrapnel in Hawaii. Today, he's a grandfather. God bless.

Jeanette
11-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Thanks for this thread. My father was at Dunkirk, one of the last ones to leave, he was rear guard. My brother did 32 yrs in the British army. My husband was a career Navy man. We had 3 sons and 1 daughter in the USMC at the same time. My daughter is now married to a Battalion gunner in the USMC. I am extremely proud of all of my family for there service to this country. God Bless all our servicemen and women, Jeanette

TriciaK
11-11-2007, 07:03 PM
Thank you for starting this thread, Joe. My husband was a career USAF officer who was in pilot training until he was injured and couldn't fly. He remained in the Air Force for many years, serving in NORAD and teaching at Air University until forced to retire medically. He also served in the Army before he joined the Air Force and served during both the Korean and Viet Nam wars. We have a son who is a major in the USAF serving in the medical field in Iraq and Afghanistan, and a son-in-law who has been deployed several times to Iraq. We have been apalled at the hatred shown for the military among many today---no one likes war, but these young men and women are willing to give their lives to keep the terrorists at bay and they deserve our support and appreciation. Tricia

Believe51
11-12-2007, 06:59 AM
Joe I posted respect on the 'Keeping Your Mind Off Of Breast Cancer'. I have taken the entire day and reserved it for pray and tribute. Semper Fi dear friends. And the military has celebrated a birthday. November 10 is the Marine Corps 232nd Birthday. Happy Birthday to all!!>Believe51

Soccermom
11-12-2007, 05:11 PM
Amen to that!, Joe, Amen!

R.B.
11-12-2007, 05:40 PM
I totally support your sentiment Joe.

RB

micheleu
11-12-2007, 06:46 PM
Joe, did you serve? I didn't know that is what you did (other then the site). That's awesome

Jean
11-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Thank you Joe,
My father was a Navy Man also and a Vet from WW 11.
We owe so much to the brave men and woman who give us the gift of being safe at home while they place themselves in the face of danger.
God Bless all of them and bring everyone home soon.

Jean

Cannon
11-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Thank you Joe for your amazing service to your country, and to the men and women touched by breast cancer all over the world.

Cannon