PDA

View Full Version : Where is Joy and Cristy?

naturaleigh
11-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have not been on this site for awhile, I started my reconstruction in August, then 4 days after my surgery, my Mother passed away. Being back to work full time and everything going on, I have only stopped by to read a few post. I have looked for post from Joy and Cristy and have not seen any. Has anyone heard from them.

Vannessa, I read your post about your scans, Congradulations!!! That is always wonderful news!!

Joe
11-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Anita,

We all worry when members do not post over a period of time, but there are several ways of checking activity in order to ease your anxiety:

1. Look up the member in our member's list, it will show when the person last visited the website.

or

2. Click on the "Search" button on top of the page. Then click on "advanced search" type in the member's name and hit enter. All posts made by that member will be listed.

I did this and noticed that Joy had visited the site yesterday, but could not find a member named Cristy. Check your spelling as we have several members named Christine on this site.

Regards
Joe

Regards
Joe

chrisy
11-09-2007, 11:59 PM
If I am, then I am here! Or at least I am somewhere...I haven't posted much lately and have only been able to skim the postings - it's so hard to keep up with everyone - but it's been great seeing so many good reports, and of course I think of all you constantly. The good news is I'm MIA because I'm just super busy - with work and various travels. I think I have like 10 working days left this year!

I don't know what I was thinking...but I'm going on vacation to New Zealand for 2 weeks starting Nov 20... I have labs/doctor/infusion in the morning, then back to work, then get on the plane that evening. 2 weeks later, get off the plane and go directly to SF for...the next infusion!
Then the following week to San Antonio...then the following week to Chicago for the holidays! Then the spa trip (will I ever be ready for that!)

Seriously, the trial coordinator at UCSF really ROCKS. I'm lucky to have doctors and trial coordinators who "get" that the whole reason I'm doing treatment is so I can have a life...so they just need to work around my travel schedule LOL!

I put her through the paces in anticipation of my holiday travels - in between my trip to White Christmas in Chicago and the Spa trip the first week in January I had only one day in town! So on Jan 2, I have full labs drawn...then PET/CT...then back to see the doctor...then infusion...then (thank God!) go to the spa. I have to remember to get a note for the TSA since I will be radioactive when I get to the airport...

After that I'm afraid I'm grounded. My Mastercard will have turned to dust and my boss will chain me to my desk. So I promise to check in more faithfully here on my lifeline!
Much love to everyone...
Chris

lilyecuadorian
11-10-2007, 07:41 AM
Chisty I'm glad that you are busy with work, travel ..and treament too mean that you take care your body lol ..I wish you a nice trip to New Zealand ...have fun ...fun ..and comeback safety for Christmas in Chicago and Dont worry your mastercard is going to be OK and eat a lot of kiwit ....
http://www.iconarchive.com/icons/zyotism/new-zealand/Kiwifruit-128x128.png

hutchibk
11-10-2007, 11:31 AM
Chrisy - my better half comes home from New Zealand on Nov 19th! Two ships who pass in the night.... I will tell him to make his bed and leave it nice and tidy for you. LOL

naturaleigh
11-11-2007, 06:48 AM
So sorry I mispelled your name!!

Glad to hear about all of your travels, what a wonderful time you must be having!!

Love the new picture with the long hair!

Happy Hollidays!!

Anita

PinkGirl
11-11-2007, 07:16 AM
Are you Chrisy or Chris Y?

chrisy
11-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Oh Pink! You always ask the HARDEST questions!!!

To my Her2support family, I'm chrisy. Before I was married, I was Chris Y. Now I"m Chris T (but you can see the problems inherent in creating a screenname around that!). In real life, I answer to Aunt Chris, Belov-ed, or just plain Chris! Come to think of it, I'll answer to just about anything! In retrospect, I also like MADAME X but now ABB has claimed that one!

Joy
11-13-2007, 03:58 PM
It is so nice when people are thinking of you-thank you so much. I, like Chrisy, have been trying to keep up with posts and everyone's events. But have not posted much because of LIFE. It does not mean, though, that I'm not sharing your sorrows, frustrations or joys.

I have had my friend of 29 years staying with me a lot this year and it has been really great. We have kept very 'busy' with catching up on movies, reading our "Rolling Stone" magazines, going out, chatting and cheering each other up. She is off to Park City, Utah to work the Sundance Film Festival as film festivals are what she does. It will be lonely without her here.

My kids are quite emotionally challenged and challenging these days. My 11 year old seems to be on the verge of womanhood and my 8 year old seems to be regressing to toddler-hood. We could fill a tub with the tears. So I have been trying to really focus on them when we are home together.

My ex got his 2nd new puppy and that has been fun and busy.

I'm still working at my sister's bakery and that is a lot of fun, but it is work. I made our scone mixes ALL DAY today. We make everything from scratch but we mix the dry ingredients together and put them in the fridge for later when the wet are added and baked. I blew my nose today after work and, I'm not kidding, there was ginger, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg and flour in there!

We also have a lot of school commitments this time of year and we are preparing for our annual Thanksgiving trek to Pagosa Springs to be with my parents-can't wait!!!!

Health wise, I feel great and I'm still on tykerb/xeloda. As of 2 weeks ago the CMP was all normal and that has been a good indicator of liver function, which is always our main concern. I'll have it checked again next week and continue to hope for NORMAL. I think I'm scheduled this month for a CT and of course I'm praying for continued regression (for all of us).

I've done really well on this combo and still get nervous about when that ride will end. It is so dumb, but I just want to keep on treatments that don't cause my hair to fall out. I'm sick of just getting it back and loving it and having to lose it (3 times so far). I know it is petty.

I still feel like a loser a lot of the time, especially since I want to date again (the on-line thing stinks and I've had weird experience after weird experience). And I just can't help but feel that no one would be interested in me with cancer and 2 kids. Just when I feel like I look good and go out with friends it is always the others that seem to attract people. And it is true that the great ones are taken. And of course the limited places to meet people is a problem.

So that is the update.

I think of everyone everyday and wish I could fix all of us and answer questions, but there are such smarte people here who do that so well. Thank you to all of you!

Vi Schorpp
11-14-2007, 09:30 AM
I know how you feel...I hadn't "seen" Kim in a while and found out that she's been taking care of her mother-in-law , who is finishing chemo for her breast cancer. Kim thinks things will lighten up somewhat in December and be able to visit the board more often.