PDA

View Full Version : Leucoderma

CLTann
11-08-2007, 01:22 PM
In recent days, I found a few patches of skin turning to leucoderma (patches without pigment). One doctor suggested that Femera may contribute to the problem. I am wondering any of you had a similar problem. Other than that, I feel fine. If you had such a problem, how did you correct the problem? Thanks.

Ann

tousled1
11-08-2007, 01:43 PM
I've heard that these small white patches (look like anyway) are a fungus infection. I heard that this summer from a woman at the pool. She had some and her dermatologist told her that it's a simple fungus that can be treated with antibiotics.

mts
11-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Selsun Blue shampoo... this was what the dermatologist told me to rub on those white patches. Just at night, rub on the areas like a lotion --a tiny bit goes a long way and kind of dries on the skin. Just bathe in the morning and it washes off...
The patches are casued by sun damage, from years of sun. Of course cancer treatment brings out the nasty in everything... and since you are in menopause, the skin is starved for attention ! You likely would have gotten these patches eventually, but then it would be attributed to older age...

Maria