PDA

View Full Version : ~Adriamycin/Cytoxan Question????

Believe51
11-08-2007, 12:52 PM
The average dose of this mix seems to be a 4-regime series. Our Oncologist is starting him off with 4 but may give him 8-10 treatments with this recipe. Anyone heard of this kind of dosing?? Of course Ed may be different because this is his third regime of chemotherapy and his stubborn cancer may need these extended treatments to get him into NED. I am not second guessing our doctor, just asking my girls.

We Will Meet You Fine Ladies In NED. I do BELIEVE Some Of You Owe Us A Dance!!>>Believe51

tousled1
11-08-2007, 01:48 PM
I had four rounds of A/C three weeks apart followed by 4 rounds of Taxatore three weeks apart. Every oncologist does things their own way. Maybe the onc is thinking that if there is a response with the A/C that he will extend it.

PinkGirl
11-08-2007, 02:15 PM
Hi Believe

Four is the standard, but if a particular combo is getting good
results, oncs sometimes decide to continue on with it.

Brenda_D
11-08-2007, 04:38 PM
I also had 4 treatments, 3 weeks apart, of A/C.
I would imagine that the Onc is throwing everything he can at it.

hutchibk
11-08-2007, 05:46 PM
I had Adria/Cytoxan/Taxotere all together as my firstline treatment... and I did 6 rounds total, one every 3 weeks. I say if the doc want to push it and thinks Ed can handle, let him go for it. I think the standards apply mostly to firstline treatments, when used for mets, aggressive seems to be the M.O. and all bets are off.